9 - comfort

Charli's pov

It has been an hour after Dixie has gone upstairs to bring the food to Addison. We haven't heard from either of them since. Not even muffled voices. Nothing. We finished eating and are now sitting the same way as before but listening to music in a comfortable silence.

"Baby." I say to y/n.

"Yeah?" she questions while shoving a piece of my hair behind my hair.

"Should we check up on Dixie and Addison?" I suggest.

"Don't know. why?" she asks resting her hands on my face.

"I just care about them. I want to make sure everything's okay. We can like maybe make an excuse? Like make popcorn and ask them if they want some? And then we could like check up on them like that?" I suggest putting my hands around her neck.

"Yeah we could do that. I think it's cute how even though you are the younger sister you still care for her like that." She says, taps my nose and we both smile. "I know that dixie loves popcorn and maybe Addison does too? I think she does. So maybe that'll cheer them up? We can also maybe offer them something to drink after as an excuse to see if it worked."

"Good idea. You are my smart little baby." I say and kiss her cheek a couple of times.

"Charli, I'm only like half a year younger than you." She says raising her eyebrow.

"Yes, but are you the youngest?" I ask and she doesn't respond. "that's what I thought. Little tiny baby." I say and kiss her one more time.

"I'm also like, taller, but whatever. Baby me all you want." she says and roll her eyes trying to be serious which did not work because we are now both laughing.

"Whatever you say, I know you like it when I call you baby." I say and move my arms to around her waist. "Do you?"

"I do." She says and kisses my nose.

"Okay, checkup time! Let's go make some popcorn." I say and we get up.

We make enough popcorn to fill up two big bowls, but we only fill one for now, so that if Addison and Dixie say no to it, we don't have to throw the rest away. It was of course, y/n's idea. Smart.

I hold the bowl and she interwinds her arm in mine as we go up the stairs carefully, trying not to drop any of the popcorn on the floor. They say teamwork works best, and it apparently does because not a single piece dropped. Nice.

We get to Dixie's door and y/n removes her hand to knock on the door since my hands are busy.

She knocks on the door, and a minute after the door opens.

It's Dixie, she only opens the door to show her face.

Kind of suspicious but I'm not assuming anything like dixie always does.

y/n seems to notice what I was thinking as well, because she looked at me for a second signaling to me.

"Sup." She says.

"Popcorn?" I suggest and move the bowl forward.

"Addi fell asleep." She says. "But I can eat it on my own, I guess."

"What's going on?" y/n asks. "I mean last time I saw her she wasn't so good."

"Still really isn't, I guess." She says then comes out the room slightly closing the door. "Like you said, I'm not pressuring her to talk, but she seems really bothered. Something happened, probably serious. She cried a lot, she has been really cuddly and stuff. I don't know, she just usually isn't that much sticky. We cuddled watching something, I don't even know. I don't think she was watching, but I surely didn't. I'm worried about her. She tried to start telling me what's it about but just couldn't." she says taking the popcorn out of my hands and eating eat.