14

Cade's POV
----------------
I was shocked by how well Anna handled watching me kill her uncle. Her trauma ran deeper than I thought. She was now sitting beside me playing with her hands, I had never noticed this before but it annoyed the hell out of me. I grabbed both of her hands with one of mine, "Thats seriously annoying Love" I said, keeping my eyes on the busy streets ahead. "Sorry" she whispered. I squeezed her hands before releasing them and placing my hand on her exposed thigh.

She didn't know it but the dress she was wearing was one of the one I picked out for her. It was shorter than in the photos but damn did it fit her perfectly.

I knew she would be pissed where we were going due to her entire but she would live and enjoy the food. "China town?" she asked grabbing my arm that was still resting on her leg. "Mhm, I know this one place with killer kung pao chicken" I smiled at her. "Ooooo sounds good, but aren't we a bit over dressed?" "Thats the fun part Love" She looked at my in shocked and mouthed the words 'no' "Yes" I responded at barely a whisper. She threw her head back on her headrest, "I hate you" she said annoyed. "No you don't" I looked at Anna with a challenging look. "No I don't" she smiled into her lap. We pulled into a parking spot and began our quest for some good food.

We walked down the busy streets, "When you said we were going to dinner I expected some fancy, expensive restaurant that I would feel awkward in, but this I like" Anna said with a grin. "And what do you mean by that?" I raised my eyebrows at her, "Well just your whole demeanor, everything about you screams expensive, and not the type to go to china town. Thats all" She shrugged her shoulders. I shook my head at her and grabbed her waist, pulling closer. We walked into the restaurant and found a table in the corner by a window.

Our waiter came over to give us our menus and take our drink orders.

"I'll take a whiskey, neat please"

"Can I have a water please" Anna said happily smiling, then the server walked away and her expression dropped. "Whiskey? With chinese food?" she questioned. "Hey don't hate, they actually have a great selection here" I said to her as the server returned. She said thank you and continued to look over menu.

We both order the same thing, the kung pao chicken just one minor difference..... "Brown rice? Collins you don't mix brown rice with kung pao chicken. Its a rule!" I protested at her order. "Woah, is it that big of a deal that I prefer brown rice" she said putting her hands up in defense. We continued to laugh and talk about life, before we finished our food.

"Thank you for tonight, it was a lot of fun" She was walking beside me on the street, playing with her hands. I grabbed them and whispered, "Didn't I tell you not to do that?" she smiled and leaned into my shoulder. Instinctively I wrapped my arm over her shoulders, keeping her close on the crowed streets. "Hey I have an idea" she stopped me in the middle of the sidewalk, "And what might that be?" she smiled before taking my hand and running down to the street.

After a few blocks we made it to the bus stop, "Come on slow poke!" she tugged me onto the bus, I did have to give it to her. Her timing for the bus was impeccable, you could be waiting up to an hour before catching one. I haven't been on one of the city buses since I was teenager, but I was happy to be here with Anna.

2 Stops later we were at Fisherman's Wraf, She continued to drag me down the street before we entered Pier 39. We went up the stairs and to the end, overlooking the ocean and Alcatraz. I had never been here at night before but it was beautiful. "Since you should me your favorite food place, I decided to show you my favorite place ever." She turned to me with a big grin. I grabbed her and held her tight as we watched the seals below sleep and waves crash against the barrier walls. She let out a yawn and nuzzled into me.