24

Cade's POV
----------------
Anna was finally asleep after I had to talk her down and tell her no one was coming for her anymore. I hated seeing her like this, she didn't deserve any of this. Even when Anna was sleeping, she wouldn't let go of my hand or really 2 of my fingers since thats all her tiny hand can hold. I was still in my work clothes but it didn't matter. I slipped my tie and belt off, then cuddled into Anna. My hand slithered around her waist pulling into my chest, with Anna still holding my hand I fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up to Anna nuzzled into my chest still sleeping. It was 7 in the morning so it would make sense she would still be sleeping. The girl loved her sleep.

Yesterday was haunting me, hearing Anna's own flesh and blood tell me their sick desires and how much they want to torture her and the babies. And I couldn't do anything, all of the guards had been killed and I was tied down, powerless. I hadn't felt like that since I was a child and I hated it.

I wonder if she still wanted to elope today, after what happened last night I couldn't be mad if she just wanted to stay in bed all day. Anna began to stir and looked up at me.

"Morning my love" I pulled a loose strand of her hair out of her face while giving her a small smile. She hummed and nuzzled into me more. I let out a small laugh at her actions and tightened my grip on her small waist.

"Can we just stay here all day?" She asked while looking up at me with her puppy dog eyes.

"Of course" I whispered as I ran my hand through her hair. She smiled and closed her eyes again.

2 Hours later we both were ready to get up, or more like shower then go back to bed.

Anna had her head on my chest as we watched movies, it was weird to think soon we would have 2 kids watching movies with us.

"When are we getting eloped?" Anna asked while putting her chin on my chest to look at me.

"I don't know, I could probably have the paperwork sent here so we don't have to go to the crowded courthouse" I said starting to rub her back again.

"Can we do that instead so we can just get this bump in the road over with?" she started tracing a tattoo on my stomach so she didn't have to make eye contact. I told her yes and let her be. It was pretty clear yesterday took a toll on Anna, she must have seen the beating I took and heard what they said. She shouldn't have seen or heard that, I'm think Anna sees me as some sort of hero, but I'm not. If she weren't blinded by what I did the day I met her, all she would see is a drug dealing, murdering, mafia leader. But she see's the best in people, that's why I love her. 3 Movies later Anna was sleeping again and that was fine by me, but I needed to answer some emails. Especially after yesterday's events. I slid out from under her and walk into my office.

All of the blood and broken glass had been cleaned up, leaving the room just had it been before. I sit down and starting typing. Everyone was freaking out about what had happened and that the Montgomery's were still after Anna's head. More people had been brought in for questioning and many had spilled their guts while others refused to speak which lead to a very painful death. The bastards won't get away with this, I will use every resource I have to take them down and that is a promise. I was broken from my thought when my phone began to ring.

"Yes Elliot"

"Boss, one of the field agents brought someone in and I think you will want to question them yourself" his voice almost sounded shaky like he was afraid to tell me.

"Who is it" I ask starting to feel on edge.

"I think you should see for yourself Boss" he answered, I told him I would be there in a minute and hung up. I was still in just sweatpants so I went to go change. Anna was still dead asleep, so I creeped by to change quietly as possible. Right as I finished putting my tie on Anna walked in and hugged me from behind. "Where are you going" she mumbled still tired and sleepy. "Someone was brought in for the investigation on your family and apparently I should be there to see them" I explained trying to wiggled out of her surprisingly strong grip. "Do you know who?" she asked not letting me go. "No, I'm sorry my love I really have to go" "I'm coming with you" she stated while turning to her side of the closet and grabbing a dress to put on. "I don't know if thats a good idea, with all thats going on" I tried to tell her, "Is it a really good idea to leave me home alone after yesterday" she put on the dress while challenging me. I rolled my eyes and told her fine, I knew I wasn't going to win this battle.