15

Anna's POV
----------------
What could he possibly need to tell me that had him like this upset. I took a deep breathe, maybe I was over analyzing it but something didn't feel right about this. "Ok" I said nervously. Cade walked around and at next to me, he kept his eyes locked on the ground. "Listen, when I killed your uncle I also called off our contract. So we don't have to get married anymore" I was shocked by his words.

I guess the feelings I had were one sided, he didn't want me. "I understand, I will be gone in an hour" I began to get off the couch, but Cade stopped me by grabbing my wrist. "I wasn't finished, please sit back down." He said finally looking me in the eye.

Real nice asshole, just twist the knife even more

I reluctantly sat back down and looked at him. "You can walk away if you want to now, but I honestly have started to develop.... feelings for you. And if you want, you are welcome to stay" He stared at me waiting for answer. "Oh thank god, I thought you actually hated me and wanted me gone" I jump into his lap and hugged him tightly. He quickly returned the hug and we stayed like that for awhile.

Finally I pulled back to meet his ocean blue eyes, "So are we still fiancés or are we just dating?" I asked. "A woman like you deserves a real engagement, so I was thinking we would be normal people and just date if thats ok with you?" I smiled at his reasoning and hugged him again. He let out a low chuckled and squeezed my sides.

A loud ring sounded through the house making me jump, "The pizza is here" Cade said with a big smile and tossing me on the couch. I giggled at him then realized I wasn't wearing any pants so I grabbed the blanket and hide behind the couch while Cade got the pizza from the delivery guy.

He came back with 2 cans of cola and a pizza box, "Plates are overrated" he said while handing me one of the cans. He sat down next to me, getting as close to me as possible. We happily ate the pizza while watching another movie.

"Alright Cade what's your favorite color" I ask eating another piece of pizza. He dramatically swung his head looking around the room.

"Black or a dark grey" He said brushing a hair out of my face. "Why am I not surprised" I giggled out. "Fine then whats your favorite color Collins" He crossed his arms.

"Forest Green" "Who the hell likes forest fucking green" he said rudely, "Hey it's a calming color" I said defensively.  We continued asking eachother stupid little questions and ate our food.

It was 2am and we were still on the couch watching movies. I was playing with the stings on his sweatpants and starting to feel sleepy. I grabbed the blanket, reinforcing it around my shoulders. I felt a gently kiss on the top of my head and his strong arms tighten their grip on me. "Time to go to bed Love" I hummed a yes and felt Cade lift me up. He places me on my pillow, "I'm going to go throw away everything, I'll be back in 5 minutes" he whispered in my ear. I nodded, hearing him close the door behind him. Immediately I rolled onto Cade's pillow, his scent attacking my nose. I sighed and soon felt his hands pull my back into his rock hard chest. I rested my head on his bicep and fell asleep feeling safe and protected.

Suddenly I jolted awake to Cade and unknown person screaming. Cade was still the bed but now holding a gun. I hid behind Cade and prayed this was just a dream.

"Anna go into the bathroom and lock the door" I nodded running into the bathroom and hiding in the shower. I heard Cade scream more at the intruders, and then I heard it.

Gunshots.

I put my hands over my ears and screamed hoping to drowned out the noises from the other room. I sat and rocked myself waiting for the fighting to stop.