Epilogue

"IN THE SAFE HAVEN"

~

In which they were all now safe from infection and WCKD

~

It's been a week since they arrived in the Safe Haven.

The first day was tricky. They needed to help Vince and the others to set up the camp - building, furnishing, etc - but once it was done; it was bliss.

Except from keeping the place alive and thriving, they had no worries. They did their jobs at the times necessary, had far more breaks than what was only dreamed of in the Glade, and laughed and partied far more than they ever would've imagined.

The Safe Haven truly was Heaven.

Ada had back the job she missed so dearly. Beside her best friend, she was able to try a variety of new recipes, each day opening an opportunity to add a new spice or herb into the meals she made, only becoming more and more excited with each genius discovery she made.

She decided to start keeping note of all her recipes. She knew that if she had kids one day in the future, she could pass a book of recipes onto them, so they could remember her legacy.

Her legacy.

"Is cooking really going to be my legacy?" She had been reciting her thoughts aloud like always, her hands dancing along the tufts of grass she was sat on, her legs dangling precariously over the cliff edge.

Her positioning really wasn't dangerous. In fact the cliff edge was barely an edge at all; there was a dip of grass just in front of it, maybe three or four feet down, so there was no chance she was going to fall to her death.

"It wouldn't be a terrible thing. I'm pretty good at it, so if I'm going to be remembered for anything I guess," She trailed off, shrugging.

She patted her already battered book of recipes that laid next to the flower arrangement beside her, letting it rest within the grass. She sniffed as she tilted her head away from the row of orange and white tulips, the wind in her face making her eyes water.