Chapter 12

It was the day of the Quidditch match between Gryffindor and Slytherin. Harry had woken up early that morning as he was unable to sleep. He wanted to win the game but he was nervous about having to go up to the entire team having the newest and fastest brooms. He tried to shake the thought and went to the common room. When he got there he saw Dawn, sitting staring into the fireplace.

The light from the fire made Dawn's skin glow and her beautiful eyes seemed to sparkle more. Harry couldn't help but stare. He quickly snapped out of his daze and went to sit beside her.

"Hey, Dawn."

Dawn turned her face and smiled when she saw Harry.

"Hi, Harry."
"You're up early."
"So are you."
"I was worried about the game today."
"You'll do fine. You'll beat their ass."
"Don't let Hermione hear you."

Dawn and Harry chuckled.

"What are you thinking about? You've been quiet for the past few days," said Harry.
"I'm worried about Ginny."
"Ginny?"
"She's like my little sister." Dawn looked around the common room. She didn't want anyone to hear. She leaned closer to Harry. He smelled her shampoo, it was rose-scented. Dawn, completely oblivious of the blush appearing on Harry, whispered, "I never see Ginny with anyone. I think she might not have any friends."
"She'll be fine, Dawn, if you're the one looking after her," Harry reassured her.
"Thanks, Harry," Dawn smiled at him. "You should go to the Great Hall and have some breakfast. I saw Fred and George leaving before you came down."
"I'll see you at the game?"
"I wouldn't miss it for anything."

Harry left the common room with a big smile on his face. He quickly made his way over to the Great Hall to join his teammates for breakfast.

Dawn was back to focusing on the fire in front of her. She was waiting for Ginny to wake up so that she could go to breakfast with her. One by one, the girls came out of the dorms and left the common room.

"Dawn, aren't you coming?" Hermione asked.
"You guys, go ahead. I'm going to wait for Ginny," Dawn told Hermione and Ron. They both nodded and left the common room.

Dawn waited but Ginny didn't exit the common room. Breakfast was going to be over in half-an-hour. Dawn decided to up to Ginny's dorm and wake her up for breakfast. She made her way to the first-year dorm and knocked. There was no answer. Dawn thought that Ginny wasn't awake yet. Nonetheless, Dawn opened the door slightly.

"Ginny?" She called out through the slit. When there was no answer, she opened the door further. She saw Ginny writing in a black book. "Ginny?" Dawn said louder.

Ginny quickly shut the book, put it under her pillow, and turned around. "Dawn?"
"Let's go and get some breakfast," Dawn said holding out her hand.
"You want to go with me?" Ginny asked quietly.
"Of course, I'd love your company. Come on," Dawn said with a smile.

Ginny's eyes lit up. She quickly got up from her bed and grabbed Dawn's hand. They left the dorm. 

"So, were you writing in a journal?" Dawn asked.
"Uh, yeah..." Ginny looked visibly uncomfortable.
"I think that's good," Dawn said with a smile.
"You think so?" Ginny asked cautiously.
"Of course, it's always best to let out your feelings than keeping them bottled in. If you don't want to tell anyone about it, a journal's always the next best thing," Dawn reassured Ginny.
Ginny smiled at Dawn and gave her a big hug. "I'm so lucky to have you, Dawn."

**

Dawn was standing next to Ginny watching the Quidditch game, Ron and Hermione were on the other side of her. The Gryffindor team walked out to the pitch, Dawn, Ginny, Ron, and Hermione, along with their house, cheered loudly.