Chapter 13

Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Dawn were sitting in the middle of the girl's lavatory. Hermione was brewing the Polyjuice Potion. Harry and Dawn were sitting near Hermione as Ron stood leaned up against one of the stalls. 

"You mean the Chamber of Secrets have been opened before?" asked Hermione. 
"Of course, don't you see? Lucius Malfoy must've opened it when he was at school here. And now he's told Draco how to do it," Ron was very adamant that the heir of Slytherin was the Malfoys
"Maybe, we'll have to wait for the Polyjuice Potion to be sure," Hermione said as she was adding ingredients into the cauldron.

"Enlighten me. Why are we brewing this potion in broad daylight in the middle of the girl's lavatory? Don't you think we'll get caught?" Ron asked.
"No. No one ever comes in here," Dawn explained.
"Why?"
"Moaning Myrtle," Hermione said with a shrug.
"Who?" Ron asked.
"Moaning Myrtle," Hermione repeated.
"Who's Moaning Myrtle?" Ron asked.

Dawn and Hermione bit back a smile. Harry's eyes grew wide. Harry, Hermione, and Dawn saw the ghost of Myrtle coming up behind Ron. 

"I'm Moaning Myrtle!" She exclaimed causing Ron to jump.

Myrtle flew up to the ceiling and turned back to look at the four children. 

"I wouldn't expect you to know me. Who would ever talk about ugly, miserable, moping, moaning Myrtle?" She let out an ear-piercing scream as she flew back into her toilet.
"She's a little sensitive," Hermione said at the boys who were shocked.
"But she's nice once you get to know her," Dawn said with a smile.

**

Dawn was sitting in the common room reading a book. She did not bother to go to the Duelling Club lead by Gilderoy Lockhart, she thought it was a waste of time and wasn't going to help her. So she opted to staying back and reading in the common room. 

When she finished her book, she stretched and looked around the common room. She slowly made her way up to her dorm to put her book away and to grab a new one. As she was going up the stairs she heard a noise in the first-year's dorm. It sounded like there was someone in there, talking.

She knocked cautiously. There was no answer. She knocked again. Again, there was no answer. She opened the door and saw Ginny hiding her black journal once again under her pillow and sitting on the bed. 

"Ginny?" Dawn asked.
"Hi, Dawn," Ginny said with a smirk. 

Dawn looked at Ginny confused. Not once has she seen Ginny smirk unless she was joking around with Fred and George. 

"Are you alright?"
"Yes."
"I thought I heard voices."
"I'm sure you were just... imagining things."
Dawn frowned. "Ginny? Are you ok? You don't sound like yourself," Dawn walked towards Ginny.

Ginny just looked up at Dawn from where she was sitting. Ginny looked at Dawn with a strange glint in her eyes.

"Are you sick?" Dawn asked. She placed a hand on Ginny's forehead. It didn't seem like Ginny was running a fever.
"No. I'm just tired," Ginny said softly.
"Okay. I'll be in the common room if you need anything," said Dawn as she turned around to leave. As Dawn reached the door, she stopped and turned back around to face Ginny. "I'm serious. If you want to talk, I'm all ears."

Ginny nodded. Dawn smiled and left the room. She didn't move, something was wrong with Ginny. She was acting very strangely.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Dawn heard Ron say.

Dawn realized that the Duelling Club was over and her friends had returned. Dawn quickly ran down to the common room to see them.

"A Parselmouth! You can talk to snakes!" Dawn heard Ron say as she opened the door to the common room.
"I know. I mean, that's only the second time I've ever done it. I accidentally set a boa constrictor on my cousin Dudley at the zoo once - long story - but it was telling me it had never seen Brazil and I sort of set it free without meaning to. That was before I knew I was a wizard..."
"You speak to snakes?" Dawn cut into the conversation.
"Yeah. I bet loads of people here can do it," Harry shrugged.