Chap. 1 | Transport to Another World

"We have to work together with the Black Army now? That's a surprise~"

Edgar inquired while appearing a gentle smile with his eyes gazing towards the Black Army across the room.

Despite his gesture being a more gentleman-like and welcoming attitude, he still gave off a bitter end in his sentence with an uninteresting gaze towards them in which the feeling was rather unsettling in the room.

"We have no choice either way. The defined magic that fools currently possess is far too powerful for any of us to handle. With that thought in mind, we have to form an alliance with another strong and dependable party.."

Lancelot exclaimed in a straightforward tone with his hand cross stretching towards the chest.

He gazes at the opposing army with his usual cold eyes in which some of the Black Army members could feel chill from him.

"... Even if it means we have to work with peasants."

Ray, who was not affected by the gaze, looked up to him with ease as he was not impressed with the atmosphere he gave off.

Ray looked at him with a serious expression as he sighed heavily then responded.

"The Black Army would welcome and cooperate with anyone who has the intention to protect freedom for the citizens."

Ray explained in a brash tone before appearing a small taunting smirk across his face.

"How about the Nobles? Would you easily welcome anyone? Or are you too righteous for your own good to let your ego down?"

"Ray!!?"

When he exclaimed those words, some of his members could only facepalm in disappointment and waited for the Red Army, especially Lancelot, to respond.

It was relief enough that Lancelot only sighed at his exclamation while remaining his composure.

"The Red Army values glory which resides in the cradle. In other words, this place plays a huge role in that matter in which we have to protect."

Ray looked dumbfounded at the king of hearts by his statement.

The dumbfounded expression quickly blends into an amused smirk.

"Alright then, Lancelot Kingsley. Let's join forces."

----

"What the hell is that?!"

Fenrir yelled loudly with widening eyes when he noticed a bright light manifest from the magic crystals around the outskirts of the Forbidden Forest as it flashed its way towards the Magic Tower.

The light was not normal.

It was like consuming its way to the outside of the cursed forest as the brightness was strong enough to blind someone.

"Brace yourself! I'll try to warn Ray about this!"

Sirius, who was standing not too far from Fenrir's location, shouted while his hand was trying to grab a magic crystal in an attempt to do magic to contact Ray.