Chap. 9 | Sleepless Night With Alice

The two armies followed Y/N behind when she was guiding them to their new rooms for sleeping.

They were on the second floor where the rooms that reside are mostly empty and were used for guests only.

"This household is surprisingly huge."

Sirius admitted his disbelief with his head turned to Seth, who was beside him.

"Yeah. Looks like Mrs.(Y/N) does have many surprises."

Seth nodded at his exclamation with his eyes still observing the walls around them.

Fenrir overheard their conversation with his arm clasped together behind his head.

His gaze looked amusingly at the big space with his lips slightly parted from the overwhelming emotion.

"You ain't wrong, Sirius! I can fit a whole year's worth of weapons collection here!"

Fenrir's eyes widened when he discovered more about the sturdy and magnificent floor.

Jonah stared at him with his eyes squint and lips pursed when he observed his wild behavior more.

'... The Black Army are absolutely uneducated people.'

Jonah thought ridiculously about their antics with his arms folded across his chest in annoyance.

He has grown tired of looking at them then gazes upwards towards the ceiling surrounding the floor from above.

He looked at them with slightly widened eyes.

He hummed in amusement by the sight.

".... Not bad. At least, for a peasant's household."

He exclaimed genuinely.

But because he still has his pride in being a member of the Red Army and a high-rank noble, he still retains himself from telling more compliments.

"Honestly, this is a perfect place to drink!"

Kyle chirped when he could feel himself almost twirling around the room.

Zero looked at him weirdly with his expression looking at him monotonously.

"Kyle, stop being a fool."

"What? I was not wrong when I said that! This floor is actually great for a drinking party~"

Kyle exclaimed with Zero staring at him with a facepalm expression.

Y/N, on the other hand, eavesdrop many statements about her house that were commented on by soldiers.

She couldn't help but smile at their behavior.

'This house became quite lively when they appeared now.'

She thought that she was also quite lightened by their statement.

Her gaze changes direction when she realizes then observe the walls and floors that she rarely visits.

'It's been a long time since I've visited this floor...'

Y/N thought then suddenly remembered how long it was since the last time she had invited someone over so that she could take a step on this floor.

'... This house has been lonely since then.'

She appeared with a sad smile that was also full of nostalgia.

She folded her hands together across her chest.

Her eyes slightly widened when she saw their rooms across the floor when she walked further from the stairs.

She immediately let out a smile before turning her back to face the soldiers.