Chap. 7 | Pleasure to Meet Alice

All of the soldiers have eaten until they are satisfied as their stomachs are no longer suffering from hunger.

When everyone was done with their meals and left the room, Y/N gathered all the plates and others that were on the table, then carried them to the sink to wash them.

While washing the dishes, Y/N couldn't help but suddenly feel curious about the things they said about them coming from another world.

She sighed at the thought.

'Honestly... I was going to let them stay for the time being until they got somebody to take care of them...'

Y/N thought with her eyes relaxed but was also tense that she continued to stare at the plates she was washing.

'... They all have some crazy imagination. I mean, a magical land called 'Wonderland'? It's hard to believe that kind of stuff. It's even weirder that I get to hear those from grown-up men."

Y/N subconsciously let out a burst of small laughter, thinking about how silly her mind was to decide to help them.

It was quite weird even for her.

She didn't actually have any reasons or purposes to help them.

After all, they are total strangers to her. But she doesn't know the reason why she felt sudden sympathy towards them.

'... From that night, I've become a mother of ten children.'

Y/N released a chuckle from thinking of her current situation as she raised her hand slightly to cover her lips.

"... Excuse me..."

Y/N stopped her chuckling when she heard a sudden voice, then turned her head around with her eyes slightly widened before relaxing.

"Oh... It's you. Do you need anything?"

Y/N exclaimed, smiling when she saw one of the black members.

Luka Clemence.

The latter only shook his head, which led Y/N confused about what he actually wanted.

"... I just want to help you clean the dishes. That's all."

Luka exclaimed shyly but sincerely.

"... Since you have already helped us... It would be best to repay you by helping with the chores."

When he was done explaining his reason, Y/N's smile became wider as she was also touched by the soldier's kind suggestion.

"Of course!! You can help me clean the remaining plates."

Y/N instructed him with her finger pointing at the stack of plates beside the sink.

"... Of course, I'll do my best."

Luka nodded, then he proceeded to walk towards her side.

His right hand is already lured to grab a sponge and his left hand grabs a plate before beginning to wash them.

When Y/N was done cleaning her side of the dishes, she turned around and observed the soldiers watching the dishes.

She was quite fascinated and stunned by how tender the way he was washing while observing looking at the clean plates he had already washed.

It wasn't long before Luka noticed her stare with his head turned towards her.

"I'm sorry, but is there something wrong?"

He asked confusingly in a slight embarrassing tone with his hand pointing towards his cheek.

"There's nothing wrong."