Chap. 2 | Meeting Alice in Modern Time

A long silence occurs between the two parties after the woman mutters those sentences.

With no one exchanging any words to each other, the woman became frustrated with the silent treatment as she narrowed her eyes in displeased.

"Oi! I'm asking you a freaking question!! Who the damn are you?!!"

The woman crossed her arms while standing in a wide stance with a throbbing vein in her neck as she glared suspiciously at the strangers.

'... I mean seriously, what kind of sane person would dress like petty knights in fairy tails in the middle of the night?'

She thought as she ridiculed the people while she was still glaring at them with annoyance that their presence had taken another precious time from her.

'Should I call the police?'

But, the resentment she felt towards them soon faded away when she saw the wounds with blood plastered on their bodies.

Her eyes widened in surprise when she saw the wound.

"... Wait... Are you guys actually hurt?"

The woman asked with a stunned tone with his feet subconsciously step backward by the realization.

".... Yeah, we are hurt."

The other males quickly turned their heads to the source of the voice.

It was Luka who answered the question with a quiet voice.

Upon realizing that everybody was staring at him, he was slightly blushed by the reaction he got as he just looked down at the ground.

"He's right. We got bang-up pretty hard. We were sorta... Chase out from a place."

Kyle was the second to answer the woman's question while explaining the situation in the army's experiences right now.

Upon listening to his answer, Y/N suddenly felt pity in her heart towards them.

But it slightly has a clash of feelings with disbelief when a sudden thought appeared in her mind as she thought of the scenes of what happened with them.

'Wait... Are they actually crazy people? That got kicked out from their house... or maybe an asylum?!'

She thought weirdly about the males in front of her.

In all honesty for her, it was quite understandable since the people who were injured were wearing ridiculous costumes and strange hairstyles, especially when they suddenly appeared in front of her house.

Not to mention, they were speaking in a very strange accent as all of the wound blood was too good to be true from a typical running away from home one.

'.... Yeah, it's quite pitiful that it's almost laughable for someone who was in the same situation as me.'

Despite the thought she had, she didn't take any account of the thought as she decided it would be best to ask them directly the full description of what happened.

'... Too bad I'm not that much of an idiot to laugh at this sight.'

She truly feels bad about their condition.

She rested her chin on her hand with her eyes gazing elsewhere to think.

After a lot of thinking, she decided that she would invite them over for the night and let them stay in her house until further notice.

"Alright then, since you guys don't have anywhere to stay. Wanna stay at my place for a while?"

She asked casually in which she even stepped aside to reveal the door into their sight.

Ray, who was rather touched by the woman's gesture, quickly stands up from his sitting position as he stands up with his hand in his chest while slightly bowed in respect.

"... Thank you, M'lady. I deeply apologized for all that we had trouble with you in many ways."

The woman widened her eyes when she received another sentence without her asking more questions.

She slowly smiled at her expression.

"You're welcome."

She welcomed him shortly before she tilted her head while looking down at the ground as she slightly chuckled by the receiving nickname she had.

"... But calling myself M'lady... It's quite funny that it sounds like I'm a knight's princess or something."

She exclaimed honestly in which the soldier in front of her raised their eyebrows while many of them slightly leaned forward curiously about the reason behind them.

She looked at them with a confident expression.

"My name is (Y/N)(L/N)."

She exclaimed with her hand put into her chest as her body posture straightened.

"(Y/N)...?"

Jonah muttered her name with his head tilted to the side as he gazed at her with narrow eyes.

"... That's a weird name."

"Huh?! What the hell do you mean?!"

Y/N widened her eyes in shock about her name, especially if the person that exclaimed it was a stranger she coincidentally met.

The members of both armies, even the stoic ones, slightly laughed at Y/N's reaction.

"Damn, Jonah. You don't have to be that rude to such a lady like that."

Edgar exclaimed with his hand patted Jonah's shoulder while trying to contain his laughter from going any bigger.

"I'm saying it truthfully. I mean, she also has this strange house. I mean, what kind of house is this bright?!"

Y/N's lips parted widely with her body slumping forward as it was like she was shot by a bullet behind her.

She could only look at them in disbelief.

'... Seriously? You're all gone talkative right now and you didn't speak when I asked who you are?!!'

Y/N thought while looking at the floor in dismay.

Unbeknownst to her, Edgar grabbed a hold of her hand gently.

Upon feeling the touch, Y/N looked at him with a slight blush of embarrassment when Edgar pulled her hand closer as the knight peck a kiss on her knuckles.

'..W-what the--?!'

"Ms. (L/N) has already had our gratitude. For all this matter, you are a very kind lady who deserves the best treatment."

Edgar exclaimed with a charming tone in which Y/N slightly winched her brow by the statement.

Y/N, who was standing dumbfounded, looks at Edgar then the other members of the armies annoyed.

'... You guys.'

She glared at them.

She dislikes how she was treated but then decided to take deep breaths to her lungs and outwards.

With her calm self, she sighed long while facepalming herself.

'Honestly, remind me again why do I feel bad for these idiots?!'

_____________________________

-
-
-