The Proposal

Whenever I thought about my wedding I always thought I would marry the one I loved. You know like in the movies, a girl likes a boy, the boy asks the girl out, the boy and girl fall in love, the boy proposes and they get married, the girl had a baby and they all live happily ever after.

I know I know; I don't sound like a highly trained spy right now but a girl dreams.

I'm sitting on Zhenzhen's bed as she remiges through one of the two packages Jerry sent over, the other one was for Alex.

"I still can't believe this is happening," I say.

"Me too," Zhenzhen pulls out a dress that looks really expensive. "Wow, Jerry really does know how to please a woman."

It is a burgundy off-shoulder dress. It is simple and elegant. 

"We should start getting you ready," Zhenzhen says once she is done admiring the dress

"Well, I guess it's now or never," I sigh.

*

By 6oclock I find myself all dolled up. I'm wearing the dress Jerry sent over and Zhenzhen did my hair fully down with curls.

 I'm wearing the dress Jerry sent over and Zhenzhen did my hair fully down with curls

"I still think I'm a bit overdressed," I say to Zhenzhen.

"Relax," Zhenzhen does the final touch up's to my make-up. "You look absolutely stunning."

"Thanks," I smile.

"Alright," Zhenzhen puts on the mascara. "All done."

"Finally," I say grateful she is finally done. "We should join the others."

I grab a throw-on shawl and walk to the living room to where Alex, Max, and Zach are waiting all of them looking like the men in black.

"Wow!" Alex exclaims. "You look amazing." He is wearing a black suit and his bow tie matches the colour of my dress.

"Hold your horses, Alex," Zach smirks. "You haven't proposed yet. There is a long way till the wedding."

"Oh shut up," Alex rolls his eyes.