Chap. 8

"I'm sorry, it-its just, I don't know, I'm so confused right now," the younger said holding his head and looking down at the floor, "I know for a fact that I seen your body, or what I thought was your body, on a table in the hospital, covered up with a white sheet," he put his face in his hands and cried more. The mere thought of seeing the love of his life laying on a table lifeless was still hurting him. Tae was frozen; he didn't know what to say or do, he just stood there in complete silence. What should i do? Should I even do anything? This is all so confusing and frustrating. Tae thought to himself.

"Kook," he paused, "Jungkook. Baby? Stop crying okay? Please? Look at me," he said gently.

"I AM ALIVE and the real thing. So please, can you stop crying? Nothing happened to me. See?" he grabbed Jungkook's right hand and rubbed it against his face.

"See? I'm real, with blood pumping through my veins," he told him with a solemn look on his face. Jungkook looked at him through his tears as he felt the warmth of his skin on his fingertips. So warm. Nice and warm, unlike before. What was I seeing and touching before anyway? If it wasn't him...his thoughts trailed off as he felt something brushing against his face.

"Tae," Jungkook said, slightly grabbing the older's hand and squeezing it. He missed this. He missed feeling Tae's touch. To him, it was the only thing that calmed him down when he was angry, sad, or whenever he was down in the dumps. Tae's touch cured everything.

After calming down a bit, they sat in silence, just staring at each other. One, speechless because his once thought to be dead boyfriend, is actually alive. And the other, quiet, thinking what exactly did Jungkook dream about for him to be this distraught. Neither speaking, just blankly staring at each other with conflicting thoughts.

"Kookie," Tae finally spoke up and broke the awkward silence, "can you tell me exactly what you remember after we texted? I'm not trying to make you upset more, I-I," he exhaled, calming his breathing before continuing, "I just wanna know how..what got you to be this way".