Rockstars

authors note: this chapter is dedicated to kurt cobain </3

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

April 1st, 1994

That March had possibly been the most drastically boring month in all of history. Absorbed in schoolwork and OWL prep, Elodie hardly had any time to shower, much less enjoy herself.

The one and only merit that March birthed was the finalization of their newest joke product: fainting fancies. With everyone stressed to no end and wanting nothing more than to get out of class, the profits were considerable. This left Elodie and the twins with an absurd amount of pocket money and a reputation that entirely preceded them.

Luckily, there was something to put this money to: the twin's birthday.

"Wake up, wankers, you're 16!" Elodie yelled, around five in the morning, setting off fireworks around the boy's dormitory.

Finnigan and Lee woke up, bewildered looks on their faces at the sound of gunpowder. Fred and George, completely immune to the sharp crack of fireworks, stayed soundly asleep.

Elodie shook the twins awake, jumping back and fourth between their beds.

"Morning, devilspawn..." Fred groaned.

"Are we positive it's even morning?" George squinted out the window. It was the sort of muggy darkness that only happened at dawn.

Lee came to his senses and started dancing around with Elodie. "Happy birthday, mates!"

Fred grabbed Elodie around the ankles to stop her bouncing, pulling her down with him.

"Love," he mumbled. "For my birthday I want more sleep."

"To bad, I got you something else." She grinned.

"Kisses?" Fred said hopefully.

"Nope, better than that."

Lee overheard and smirked at Elodie. "Are we talking about what I think we're talking about?"

"Yep!" She beamed. Elodie had gotten the entirety of Gryffindor house to help her out with the twin's gifts, and they all happily obliged. Fred and George were well-loved.

"Can we see now?" George asked excitedly.

"Nope, you have to wait until your party." Lee shook his head mysteriously.

"The suspense is killing me..." Fred pouted.

Unfortunately, that April 1st had fallen upon a Friday, so they would have to suffer through a day full of classes before the festivities began. Luckily, most of the teachers knew well enough not to assign work on April Fools day, because there were very low chances that anyone would actually do it.

Dinner could not have elapsed quickly enough. Of course, there were the traditional rounds of "Happy Birthday", and a varied display of fireworks that somehow didn't earn anyone detention. However, everyone was itching to get back to the Gryffindor common room, where the festivities would really begin.

George had insisted on controlling the music, even though it was his birthday, which meant the three of them had to go up early, to meet Lee and Alicia who were busying themselves setting up food and drink.

"I think Alice in Chains first?"

"What about Green Day?" Fred frowned.

"Later, later, I promise." George grinned.