CH 13 - A New Friend & An Old Lust - Prince's POV

.

PRINCE'S POINT OF VIEW – SATURDAY MORNING, THIRD WEEK OF JULY 2020

.

.

My parents Naomi and Dennis Vasser were in town to help me look for my first home. My younger sister Crystal came along for the ride, she had been staying with our sister Royal over the summer. I guess she didn't wanna get a job this summer. Royal would have been on the house hunt as well, but she had to work.

.

Crystal: You gotta get something close to campus.

Prince: [disgusted face] Why?

Crystal: So I'll have some place to stay during the summer and breaks.

Prince: Really? You got rent money.

Crystal: Yeah, baby sister love.

Prince: Love don't live here anymore!

Crystal: [looking confused as fuck] Huh?

Prince: Don't worry about it. [when we get into my Kia Telluride I when to YouTube Music and searched for Faith Evan's Love Don't Live Here Anymore]

... You just need to listen to something besides Cardi B. and City Girls]

.

.

Crystal: You're such a snob.

Naomi: I'll sit up front with my handsome baby boy.

Crystal: Yes, Mom. We all know he's your favorite child.

Naomi: Oh girl, hush up with that nonsense. Rambling on about "favorites." I love you all equally. [gives Crystal that motherly look of "shut your mouth before I put you in it"]

... That's the same foolishness your sister and brothers say about you being your father's favorite.

Dennis: My favorite child is the one that will be taking care of us when we're older and grayer.

Crystal: [in a bratty voice] ... Well that's going to be me Daddy.

Prince: See!

.

My mother slaps me on the knee to stop me from continuing the who's who favorite child as I continue driving to the townhouses in Walker Lakes. My mother was grinning ear to ear as we passed by all of nice looking houses. We pulled up the townhouse that I had already bought. I wanted to show my parents that I was able to get all of this done on my own. I was asking advice from both of my parents for weeks as well as doing my own research.