Chapter 1: Lost

This takes place 3 years after Macross Delta and at the end of Season 3 of Voltron. I will be skipping several episodes, so plz don't hate me if your favorite episode is cut. ALSO. There is a huge warning for language, blood and gore!

I DO NOT OWN EITHER MACROSS NOR VOLTRON, VOLTRON: LEGENDARY DEFENDER IS OWNED BY DREAMWORKS, WHILE MACROSS IS OWNED BY Shōji Kawamori and STUDIO NUE. Also, this ain't Robotech, it's Macross. (don't get me started with Harmony Gold. There are a few references to Robotech, though)

I think it's time for my valiant return to the writing world.  Without further ado, it's time for Macross Voltron!  

-

3rd person view

Sadness. Cold, intense sadness is all he could feel in his heart as he stared out into space. The window in front of him casting his saddened expression. His deep blue eyes filled with grief, slightly filled with tears of mourning. The casting frown on his face was apparent. The long, blue hair that was made into a small ponytail floated behind him. His black and blue pilot uniform, while usually giving him a strong sense of strength, today felt empty and cold. Darkness clouded his mind, all he could think about was his past, his shattered family. These were the thoughts running through Macross Garrison's 17 year old ace pilot, Mathias Hunter Anderson. He was an only child in his family; scratch that, he was the only member in his family left. He was a full blooded Zentraedi pilot, and an exceptionally talented one just like Mathias. He died in combat when Mathias was only a couple of years old. A part of him wishes he had even an ounce of Zentraedi features like his dad probably had, but fate rolled otherwise. His mother, a full blooded American human, was lost only a few years ago following the influx of the Var. He watched her die from an explosion, but what startled him the most was her structure. Her eyes were entirely red, filled with unparalleled rage. Her stature was bulked, as her veins bulged from all around her body. She was entirely Var, and there was no saving her. She was nearby a burning building when it exploded, engulfing her in flames and killing her instantly. He screamed in pure fear as he tried to reach out to her, but what could he have done? He remembered just falling onto his knees, breaking down crying, and falling asleep from crying too hard. He vividly remembers someone picking him up and carrying him away from the burning rubble. Mathias stared into space as a squadron of three VF-171s flew in the distance, covering the stars with their bulky silhouettes and trails. Those fighters broke him out of that horrific transe. He sighed, seeing that in the distance began to remind him of a memory. One that was comforting, one that he was happy in.

~Flashback~

The light of the nearby Kakizaki City was dimmed by the flowering nature around him, as the large trees blocked all of the lights from the city, giving him a beautiful view of the skies above. The entire sky was darkened, yet the skies were filled by a plethora of tiny, bright stars. Mathias remembers sitting on the cold, yet comforting grass in the small forest. He remembered smiling and laughing as he and his mother continued to stare into the sky. She was braiding his longer hair into a single, straight ponytail. Mathias' hands reached for the stars and made a sort of plane or ship, he couldn't recall which, but it was something along those lines. His arms motioned his hand to simulate that plane flying in the starry night. He continued doing this for a moment until his mother finished his ponytail, gently brushing it with a comb.

"Mom, someday, I'm going to fly among the stars! I'm going to fly higher than any clouds in the sky!" Mathias exclaimed, all giddy from the passion of his dream.

His mother laughed gently, "of course you will! You will make a great pilot, but remember what I said!"