Chapter 28

LISA

SEHUN STAYED WITH me for hours before I told him to go home since it's already dark outside. He didn't want to leave me at first but I insisted. So in the end, he had no other choice but to go home. After that, I took a bath first before I went to sleep.

***

I woke up by the sound of my alarm clock. I lazily turned it off before I opened my eyes. I don't know how to face Jennie. I don't know if I can face her. Because of what I discovered yesterday, I don't want to get out of my room anymore. Afraid that Jennie might beg me again to not end our relationship. But the thing is, I already did. I already ended it.

It's sad, you know. We didn't even get to celebrate our first anniversary which is next year, September 23. It's really sad.

I don't wanna leave her here. Yeah, we're not together anymore. But we bought this house for us. We bought it together. And I don't wanna just leave her alone.

I stood up and brush my teeth first. I also combed my hair. I took a deep breathe first before I went out of my room. There, I saw Jennie quietly sitting on the couch. She's probably waiting for me.

Just ignore her, Lisa. You can do this.

I hesitantly started walking towards the kitchen but suddenly, I saw on my peripheral view that Jennie stood up and the next thing I knew, she grabbed my hand that caused me to face her. Her eyes are so sad. It's not shining. It's not the normal cat-like eyes that always shining brightly. It's so different right now. And I know why.

"Lisa, can we please talk?"

"There's nothing to talk about, Jennie."

"I already ended everything with Kai. We nicely ended it. Believe me. He also wants to say sor—"

"And so? Do you expect me to come back to you just because you told me that you already ended everything with him?" I blankly asked. Her mouth agaped. Probably because she didn't expect me to let out that harsh question. "Look, Jennie. Let's be honest here. If only I didn't find out that you're cheating on me with Kai, you won't admit everything. You will keep it as a secret. You will keep doing it. You will keep cheating. On my point of view, you just ended everything with him not because you already regretted it. But because I already caught you." Her eyes became teary. She bit her lips to stop herself from crying.

"Lisa, I'm regretting it now. Believe me."

"Believe you? How can I believe you again, Jennie? Tell me." 

"Lisa, please. Don't do this. I will fix my mistakes. Let's start again." She begged as her tears started escaping.

"That was not a mistake, Jennie. It was your choice. You chose to cheat on me." I uttered. She held my hands and caressed it.

"I won't do it again. Please forgive me, baby. Please. Don't leave me. I love you, okay? I really do. It's not a fake love."

"Then why did you fall for someone else that fast? Why didn't you able to stop yourself? Because it's a fake love, Jennie. We're over and that's final. I'm sorry. I know, we're both hurting. But I'm more hurt than you. So again, I'm sorry." And with that, I pulled away from her grasp and headed to the kitchen to eat my breakfast. While she went to her room.

I realized that it's hard to ignore her. So what am I supposed to do?

After I finished my food, I quickly took a bath. I'm planning to go to Chaeng's house. Since Jisoo unnie is living with her now, I think it's a good idea to go there.

"Where are you going?" Jennie asked before I could even walk towards the front door to go out.

"To Chaeng's house. I don't know what time I will come back."