three: power

The rays of morning light pierced through the gaps in my curtains all too soon this morning. The gleeful chirps of birds outside my window didn't bring me any joy because it simply signalled that morning had arrived before I could manage a wink of sleep. The tossing and turning was never ending last night as intrusive thoughts rumbled inside my brain, pounding mercilessly against my skull for hours.

What if your friends never save you?

Why aren't you missing Tyler?

What if by the time you get back home, all your friends have moved on and forgotten about you?

Shut up. Shut up. Shut up.

When I finally tumbled out of bed, it was in a particularly zombie-like fashion. I only had one eye open as I dragged my feet along the hall to the master bathroom. All of the rooms in the Salvatore mansion were complete with an en-suite, but once you shower in the master bathroom, there's no going back.

I nudged the door open, honestly still not fully awake, and to my surprise collided into something rather big.

Finally realising what had happened my eyes shot wide open. I had stumbled straight into Kai's chest. A towel was wrapped around his waist, the rest of him provocatively on show.

I was directly staring at his toned muscles before I awkwardly shifted my eyes up to his. I felt an embarrassed warmth start to creep through my cheeks as I stumbled back a couple of steps.

His smirk was wide, clearly loving the fact I just got up close and personal with his abs.

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry, I didn't realise you were in here." I blurted, finding it hard to make eye contact with him.

He chuckled, ruffling his wet hair with a second towel in the mirror.

God, he was hot.

No. I wasn't supposed to be thinking things like that. It was Kai. And I had a boyfriend. And it was Kai.

"You should have come down five minutes earlier." He said casually, moving towards the door.

"Huh?"

"We could have saved water." He winked, before taking off down the hall.

Groaning in disgust, I quickly shut the door behind him. I palmed my forehead as I tried to regain my composure. Shit. He totally knew I was startled by his muscles.

I made a mental note to knock before entering the bathroom from now on.

Letting a small sigh escape my mouth, I tried my hardest to purge the image of Kai's half naked body from my mind. A few moments later, and the picture still only partially erased, I decided to climb in the shower. I peeled off my clothes and stepped under the water. The hot stream poured over my body, momentarily relieving my stress.

I shampooed my hair as the bathroom became saturated with a thick fruity steam. The sweet fog filled my senses with pleasure, and I inhaled it deeply as I allowed my eyes to flutter shut, letting the water gently trickle over my head.

"Andie?" A voice suddenly interrupted my serenity.

"Yeah?" I called back to Kai, who stood outside the bathroom.

"I made breakfast, come down when you're out." He yelled.

'He cooked again?' I thought. He must be really bored because that's two meals he's made for me now.

"Okay, I'll just be a minute." I replied.

I finally shut the water off and stepped out of the shower to begin towelling the drips from my hair. I used the towel to wipe the steam from the mirror and take a glance at my appearance. The warm shower had restored a fresh rosy glow to my cheeks and although my under eyes were still dark, I looked slightly healthier. My lips curled slightly at the small improvement as I wrapped a large fluffy white towel around my body and scampered back down the hall to my room.