Chapter 7

| Evan's p.o.v. |

As Taissa got into the car I could feel my hands get clammy. There was always something so innocent about Tai, I always thought of her as a little sister, but now, it seems like her innocence is gone, and I'm not complaining. "Hey can I turn the radio on?" Tai looked over at me and we made eye contact. I quickly turned away. "UH YA, THAT'S FINE." Oh shit, Evan you idiot you said that too loud. Taissa's eyes widen and she giggled. "OK, THANKS." she was so cute, even when she was making fun of me.

The radio wasn't that loud and I could hear Taissa humming along. She looked over at me and smiled. Ok, Evan, you can do this. I mean it's easy to start a conversation, what do people like...Netflix! "Hey, Tai do you um have netflix?" "Ya, I watch it like everyday! wow that made me sound like I have no life." I burst out into laughter. Jesus Evan it wasn't that funny, dial it down. What shows are popular on Netflix? Oh, Orange is the New Black. "Do you Like Orange Is the New Black?" "Oh hell ya! I love that show!" "I know right, I mean that Alex girl, damn." I cleared my throat. I saw Tai readjust herself in the seat. I'm such a screw up.

"So where are we actually going?" I forgot to tell Taissa where we were going to eat. "Just a little cafe, not far from my place." "Do you they sell waffles?" I looked over at her, she was waiting patiently, pupils dialated as if her life depended on the answer. "I would assume so?" "YES! I mean oh, cool, ya waffles." I couldn't help myself, I kept giggling.

"Alrighty here we are." I helped Taissa get out of the car and walked her in. I was proud to show off Taissa cause she hadn't look like she just woke up, like Emma did sometimes. We sat down and she looked even more stunning in the florecent light of the cafe, which is nearly impossible to achieve for a normal human being. "What have you been up to lately Tai? Besides eating waffles and watching neflix?" I felt a lot better with myself after that sentence, I could slowly feel my confidence come back, until we made eye contact.

"Well, I mean nothing really, I've just been hanging out with Logan." "Oh, cool, Logan." I could always remember that narcissistic son of a bitch, he was always taking Tai away from me. I'm suprised Tai is even with him. "Here you are Miss, 2 beligum waffles with a side of bacon." Taissa licked her lips and dove in. It was funny to see her eat like that. I played a little game in my head comparing her to Emma.

If Emma went to this Cafe she would eat a muffin, only one muffin, no sugar, no fat, just a muffin. On the other hand, Taissa will order 2 huge waffles and a whole side of bacon. I always liked that about her, she never gave a shit about what anyone thought of her. I felt like an idiot, silently admiring her while my food got cold.

"Evan, you little shit."