𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃

NATASHAS POV
After confronting Peter and seeing him break down I couldn't take it any longer. I had to help him. So I did by the only way I know how. Speaking calming words and rubbing his back. Before long he leans into me and I look down and see he is asleep.
"What the hell happened?" Sam questions.
"Panic attack of some kind." Clint mumbles.
I look at Tony who is standing there sadly.
"Tony it isn't your fault." I say calmly.
"But if I didn't pressure him." Tony whispers.
Steve walks over to him and looks him in the eye.
"Tony you can regret your decision later, right now I say we head back to the tower to decide our next plan of attack." Steve says looking around at us.
"What about the kid?" Sam inquires.
"Take him with us?" I ask.
"I think it is our only option if we want to get answers." Clint says with a shrug.
Tony walks over and picks Peter up.
"Jesus this kid is light." He mumbles.
We arrive at tower, Tony still carrying Peter, which was adorable. So adorable that Steve has F.R.I.D.A.Y take a picture. But anyway we were met by a very confused Bucky, Bruce, and Pietro.Tony rolls his eyes and continues walking towards a one of the many spare rooms while Clint heads off to clean his unused arrows and Steve heads to his and Bucky's room, of course followed by Bucky.
"So Peter was Spider-Man?" Bruce asks.
"Yeah. Imagine the chances the tin cans intern is a vigilante." Sam says with a smirk.
I smack him on the back of the head causing him to let out a low grunt.
"What happened?" Pietro inquires.
"He had a panic attack." I say tired of the stalling.
"A panic attack?" Bruce asks concerned.
"Yeah and Tony is not doing well with it." I say glaring at the boys.
"Why?" Pietro inquiries.
"He thinks its his fault." Sam says walking towards his room.
"Huh." Pietro says quietly.
Pietro gets up and leaves, leaving me and Bruce alone.
"Why?" Bruce says thinking out loud.
"Why did he have a panic attack?" I inquire.
Bruce nods at this statement and I sit down in a chair across from him.
"He was talking about how he was having a tough time and then he zoned out. He just fell and curled up in a ball whispering 'It's my fault.'" I say thinking.
Bruce looks at me confused and I shrug.
"We didn't have much of a conversation before the panic attack and the stress causing him to pass out." I say cutting off whatever thought Bruce had.
Tony walks back down the hallway, without his suit on, nervously rubbing his hands together.
"What's wrong?" I ask.
"I don't know what to do. As soon as I got him in bed and I went to bed he started kicking and mumbling things." Tony says wide eyed.
"Nightmare?" Bruce inquiries.
"Tony what do you know about this kid?" I ask worried.
Tony thinks for a moment before speaking.
"Whole family is dead so he is living with a foster father, though he doesn't like talking about him, he is bullied and has no friends." Tony says sadly.
"Damn, poor kid." Bruce whispers.
"What was he saying?" I inquire as a bad feeling rises in me.
"Mumbling his aunts name, how he was sorry, and how he deserves pain." Tony says sadly.
At this statement I can't take it anymore I stand up and walk over towards the elevator.
"What's his name?" I growl at Tony.
"His foster father?" Tony asks.
"Yes." I say with my jaw clenched.
"Umm, I think it's Darth Hice." Tony replies.
I turn but am stopped by Tony.
"Wait you don't think?" Tony asks.
"Well between the physical signs and this yeah I do." I say.
"He fooled me." Tony says in awe.
"What?" Bruce asks.
"He would come in almost everyday injured and he always said it was school bullies." Tony says with a shrug.
"Well maybe it is but I need to find out more about this Darth fellow."
I press the button outside the elevator and once more hope my intuition is wrong.
❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍❍
I'm very happy with this chapter and it's like the first time I have actually had confidence so I just need to say it. I really don't have much to say, shockingly.
xoxo grootifruti1221