Chapter 6- Jump Floats

Bokuto got mad at me for not coming to our unofficial evening practice.
"I didn't know you wanted to do it," I said as I packed up my bag the next morning. "Besides, I practiced with the Karasuno team."
Bokuto freaked out at that. Akaashi pretended he didn't care, but I've known him long enough that his eyes narrow ever so slightly when he's annoyed, and that's what he did.
"Kuroo was asking where you were, too. He missed your blocks."
I placed my free hand on his head and gave it a small and gentle squeeze.
"I promise Akaashi, I'll try to make it tonight. I know you miss me too."
He moved his head away. Bokuto was still all over the place, waving his arms around.
"BUT YOU CAN'T JUST ABANDON US! WE NEED YOU!"
I rolled my eyes and swung my bag over my shoulder. I walked to the cafeteria for breakfast where the rest of my team already was. None of them waved me over to come sit with them, so I sat with the boys team.
I know it didn't really help the fact that no one wanted to be friends on that team, but if I sat there I would just look like the lonely bitch, and to be honest, I'd rather look like a slut to everyone else, so I sat with the boys' team. I had more fun there, and I felt like one of them.
We started off that day against Nekoma, where all we had to do was tip to their setter and it was an easy win. 25-16 and 25-14.
We only lost one set out of 8 that day again, and that was to our own boys' team again. The boys know my situation with the girls' team, so Bokuto and Akasshi don't pester me about it, even though I knew Bokuto really wanted to brag about it. I know it annoys Akaashi when I don't get any sets, even though he knows it would score. I know they care.
Karasuno was again, an easy win. The point difference lessened ever so slightly though. Today, we won 25-12 and 25-15, as opposed to the day before, which was 25-9 and 25-6. Hinata was still blocked by me every single time, and his hits only scored when I was in the back row, and even then, I could still get a touch on it.
"Stop blocking me!" He'd get so upset, which made me chuckle, which eventually led to Tanaka getting all worked up and giving me his delinquent face.
"Ooh you're gonna pay for that," he'd always growl, then he'd get a kill blowing through a block on the right side (I was a left spiker).
We only ran up that stupid hill once, which was an upside to the day, other than that it pretty much sucked because I got a total of four tosses out of 8 sets that we played.
Hinata tried to get me to practice with the team, but I told him that I already had previous plans.
"Oh," he said, disappointed. "Well if you finish early, then come practice with us!"
Of course I told him that I would, but I knew Bokuto would never end a practice early. So I packed up my stuff, knowing I was already late, and that Bokuto was wondering where I was.
"Okay I'm ready," I panted as I ran into the next gym with my bag. The tall blondie was here.
"Hello, Tsukishima." I waved in his direction and smiled.
"How do you know who he is?" Bokuto asked.
I shrugged. "Hinata told me about him when we had dinner yesterday."
"WHO is Hinata?!"
"The tiny red head that's giving everyone so much trouble with those crazy quick attacks." I jumped and tousled Bokuto's hair so that he would get the point.
"You had dinner with the Karasuno team?" Akaashi asked, his eyebrows furrowing ever so slightly.
"That a problem Akaashi?" I asked.
He mumbled back a small no, and tossed a ball to me. I caught it and went to warm up again.
That practice was just like any other. Tsukishima seemed pretty pissed and bored the whole time, annoyed that he was spending his free time practicing volleyball. I personally wouldn't have had it any other way.
I ate dinner by myself that night, because I was too tired for anymore human interaction. Bokuto was annoyed, but Akaashi understood.
And so the next day was pretty much the same. We won seven out of the eight sets that we played, and the one we lost was to Nekoma this time. They figured out how to protect their setter, which pissed me off. Kuroo was his protector, but by doing that he left a spot on the court open for a split second, but we noticed that too late. We'd definitely be using that to our advantage tomorrow The ending score of that set was 22-25.
Karasuno was still another easy win. Both of the sets we played against them ended in the teens. I noticed that they had been closing the point gap little by little, although I didn't really put much thought to it because it had only been three days. My team was getting tired, and I hadn't paid attention to the other scores to see that they had ended the same way.
We actually beat the other Fukurodani team that day, so we didn't need to run up that stupid hill. It was pretty close though, it ran into extra points. 27-25 was the final both sets we played them. It was always funny to see Bokuto get all bent out of shape at not one loss, but two, especially to me.
I went straight for the cafeteria to get some food in me before the evening practice, and to figure out who to practice with. Both Hinata and Bokuto asked me to practice with them, and I wanted to do both, but both boys seemed to be the kind of players that made practice run long, so I definitely couldn't go to both practices.
In the end, I decided to go practice with Bokuto and Akaashi, because I've known them longer. Also Bokuto was probably still steaming at the losses, and I didn't really want to be the cause of any kind of mood swings of his.
However to my surprise, Hinata was in the gym with Bokuto and Akaashi, as well as Tsukishima, Kuroo, and Lev.
"Hey, you guys." I set my bag down against the wall and slipped my court shoes on. "What are the shortie and the tall kid doing here?"
"Hey (Y/N)!" Hinata waved. "Kageyama decided to practice on his own today, so I decided to join this practice. Wanna work on some blocks?"
"Actually," Kuroo cut in before I could answer. "Could you work on some receives with Lev? He was working on some defense with our libero earlier, but he needs to work on serves."
I sighed. "I'm sorry, but I don't think that's the best idea."
Lev seemed to perk up at that. He really wanted to block and practice anything other than receives.
"Why not?" Kuroo asked.
"Well most men have a top-spin serve, which is way different from my serve, which is a jump float. It's a very different technique, and for a beginner, I think he should just be learning one step at a time."
Kuroo nodded thoughtfully. "I guess that makes sense."
"Wait, you have a jump float serve?" Hinata asked.
I nodded.
"It's really good too!" Bokuto jumped in, wanting to be a part of the conversation. "You should see them!"
"You should talk to Tadashi,"Hinata Said. "He's really trying to work on his jump floats right now. I'm sure he'd be grateful for the help."
"Yeah, maybe I will. I mean if you guys would be okay with it." I grabbed a ball from the cart and bounced it on the ground.
"You better not completely leave us tomorrow (Y/N)," Bokuto growled. I giggled.
"I can't promise anything."