Chapter 11: Teleportation And Other Disasters

The moment I thought about leaving I felt light-headed. Suddenly I was in another place, watching an army of creatures called orcs, and some other I didn’t know, marching in our direction. A moment after I was back. Oh gosh, that was weird. Up until now my visions were useless. Was this ring’s doing too?

“Bilbo!” I called the hobbit, who went with the dwarves to prepare himself. I ran after him.

“Bilbo, wait!” He turned to look at me, along with Kili.

“Oh, Anne, right, I forgot.” The dwarf said. “You are a witch, aren’t you? Could you put a spell on our weapons and armour? You know, to make them better.” He asked.

“I’m sorry, I can’t.” I said, catching up with them. “Bilbo, a word?” I asked the hobbit, pulling him to the side. Kili looked suspiciously at us, but said nothing and went away.

“What is it?” Asked Bilbo.

“I saw an army heading our way, and they weren’t elves, they were orcs and… well, other creatures. I think that Pale Orc was with them too.” I spoke quickly. “You think we should tell them?”

“Saw… you mean in a vision?” He asked.

“Yes.” I admitted.

“Oh.” He thought for a moment. “Could you see some other things? Like what the elves are doing right now?” He asked.

“I don’t think it works that way.” I replied.
”Have you tried?” Asked the hobbit. “Because you know, just moments ago you didn’t have any visions. Who knows how it actually works then?”

“Well… I guess I cold try… But only once. And only for you. I don’t really like that stuff, it’s creepy.” I said closing my eyes, and imagined the elves. I concentrated hard, but nothing happened. I tried again, this time thinking of the one elf I knew, the king. After a moment I felt a pull, and then a speeding sensation. It stopped quickly. I  opened my eyes, wanting to tell Bilbo I couldn’t see anything after all, and my jaw dropped. I wasn’t in Erebor anymore. I was standing in front of some yellow tent, which had two elvish guards in from of it. I looked around, and saw the ruins of the city.

“What the hell…?” I murmured, completely freaked out. No! I didn’t want to be here! Wasn’t supposed to be here! This changed everything, and completely destroyed my plans! The elves didn’t react. Did they not see me? Was I a ghost? I looked down and noted that my body was quite solid. Not a phantom then. So why..?

“Anne!” I herd a familiar voice. I looked in its direction, and saw Gandalf approaching. Bard walked next to him.

“Gandalf!” I exclaimed. “Where have you been? You were supposed to meet us…” I noticed how dirty and tired he looked. “Did something happen? Orcs? Some dark being with a burning great eye?” I asked, and he looked at me with surprise written all over his face.

“How did you…”
He didn’t finish. I suddenly felt dizzy, and my vision got all blurry. I could barely stand straight, and it looked like the men noticed it too. Not wanting to faint I looked around for a place to sit. The tent’s entrance was open, and seeing something that resembled an empty chair standing there I moved its way. Bard caught my arm, and helped me to it. I felt terrible. It was probably the result of whatever brought me here.

“Are you all right?” Asked the wizard.

“I’ll be fine.” I answered between the breaths, though I wasn’t so sure about that. How did I get here? Was it the king’s doing again? Or maybe my ring did it? Considering that the elves did not try to stop me I thought the first was more probable. Thranduil must have told them not to, and that was just too suspicious. Although I felt drained like I used my own power, I knew I didn’t have this kind of ability. So far. Was it the ring after all? I started to reconsider my theory.