✨NINE✨

Ava felt nothing, she was literally numb. All she wanted was to hold her daughter safely in her arms but she knew that was not going to happen, the court date was tomorrow and Ava had never felt more hopeless.

Her lawyer had assured her that it was a shut and close case and that Tabitha would be home by her birthday. But Ava couldn't help but know how sebastian was, he was a manipulative liar and often got what he wanted with the help of his trust fund money.

"Avs, I brought you some breakfast." Owen's voice spoke up from the doorway as he held a bag from her favorite diner. Ava remaining in her practically comatose state.

"I'm not hungry." She said simply before turning over and continuing to stare at the wall.

"Well you said that yesterday so I'm going to need you to eat something okay?" He said causing her to sigh as she reluctantly sat up and accepted the container of food.

"Cheese omelet with extra cheese, your favorite." He said smiling as he looked for a crack in her glum mood.

"Thank you." She said plainly as she stabbed her plastic fork into the egg before taking a small bite.

"I thought I'd take you out today, get some things for Ava's birthday party." He said as she set down her fork.

"Owen why are you doing this?" She asked as his smile dropped momentarily.

"Because you need me." He said simply as she frowned at his words.

"Okay, don't feel like you're obligated to stay just because I'm sad. I don't need your charity." She snapped.

"It's not charity ava. I care about you." He said back as she looked at him plainly, she'd been told those words so many times that it felt like a lie coming from his mouth.

"Okay, I ate, can I go back to sleep now?" She asked as she set down her barely touched omelet.

"No you can't because you're going to go shopping with me, we're going to get birthday supplies and you're going to at least pretend you're not acting like you've already lost the case Ava. Tabitha needs you, do you want her seeing her mother look like this?" He asked firmly causing Ava to stiffen.

"Fine. Get out so I can change."she snapped as he left the room

.
.

"You got her to come." Cait's voice asked as she pulled a sweatshirt over herself quickly, not bothering to brush her hair.

"Barely. I don't know what we'll do if she loses the case cait-" Owen started.

"Are you ready?" She snapped as she brushed past the two and towards the front door before pulling on her shoes half hazzard

Owenjoyner:
Why is shopping for a toddler so difficult?
P.s ava wrapped the gifts or they'd look like they were beaten with a sledgehammer

Load comments:
Hater 1: glad she's happy enough to shop while she loses her kid tomorrow

Hater 2: hilarious how happy she's been.

>Avamay: I've literally never been more unhappy but okay.

Avamay:I'm so tired of getting on social media

Avamay:
I'm so tired of getting on social media. People telling me my daughter would be better off if I killed myself, that I don't deserve to be her mother, I don't take care of her, I'm awful, terrible, trash the list goes on and on. I love my daughter. With my entire soul and every breath in my lungs I love my daughter. I can't wait to see you tomorrow baby girl. No matter what happens I will always be there for you. I'm deleting social media until after the hearing at the latest. Bye.

Comments disabled on this post..

Idek what this chap is but here you go