✨TWELVE✨

"So, big date tonight hm?" Ava asked casually as the two facetimed later that night.

"Yeah, I mean I guess, she seems pretty cool." Owen said hesitantly.

"That's great. Really. You deserve to be happy Ow." She smiled brightly, missing the way Owen's face dropped at her approval

"How's Tabs?" Owen asked as Ava smiled, her daughter curled into her chest fast asleep, her gentle snores echoing out.

"Exhausted, but glad to be home I think, she wouldn't even tell her dad goodbye when we left." She said as she ran her hand through the toddler's hair.

"Good, what was he expecting? Tabitha loves you, keeping her from you would never give him brownie points." He said with a small laugh.

"I kinda feel bad." Ava sighed, her kind heart getting the best to her again

"Don't do that, feel sorry for him. He doesn't deserve it. He put you both through unnecessary hell." Owen said firmly as Ava nodded in response.

"I know you're right, but he's still her dad so I guess I just feel bad- I'm too forgiving I guess." She started.

"You are. But that's one of the things I love most about you.'" he smiled as he watched Tabitha shift in her sleep.

"You know, I don't have to go on this date tonight, we could take Tabs ice skating like you've been wanting to." He suggested causing the woman to smile softly.

"No, you should go Owen, you deserve it, you don't have to spend so much time with us, you're busy enough as it is." She said softly.

"I don't spend time with you because I have to, I want to." He smiled

"I, I should go. Go on that date Owen, let me know how it goes." She said before hanging up, her mind cluttered with over thinking.

Avamay: What's this? A non proud momma post? Im shocked too, don't worry tabs is beside me eating m&ms and watching boss baby

Avamay:
What's this? A non proud momma post? Im shocked too, don't worry tabs is beside me eating m&ms and watching boss baby

Load comments

User 1: goalsss

Passthereid: tabitha is feeding more m&ms to juno than eating them, send help

>Avamay; it's a snack sized bag, chill before you get PETA on my ass

"So are you going to sit here and pout all day or grow a pair and tell him you don't want him going on that date." Cait said, snapping ava from her half hearted gaze that was on the movie in front of them

"He can go on dates Cait, it doesn't affect me." She said, the lies tasting bitter on her tongue.

"That almost sounded convincing, go, I'll watch Tabs." She said as Sav looked at her encouragingly.

"He leaves for the date any minute now, I'd never make it-" she confessed

"You have to try right?" Sav said

.
.
.

Ava was well aware that he had been gone on the date for more than an hour, but she couldn't convince her body to move from the step she sat on, she'd talk to him when he got home, that wasn't weird right?

A car pulled up just a few steps away, Owen stepping out before turning to face the open door, a pretty brunette pulling him into a rather heated kiss as the two scrambled out of the vehicle and turned towards his place. Owen caught sight of Ava immediately, freezing as if he'd been caught

"Ava-" he started as she brushed past him and into her car.

"No worries, I should've called first." She said as she turned the car on and didn't wait for his response before pulling away quickly, getting a good distance away before pulling into a gas station parking lot and beginning to cry.

She liked him. But she was too late.