Reunited

I was walking the streets of Manhattan when a cold, gloved hand lightly gripped my shoulder.

"Y/n?" Asked a deep but strangely familiar voice, causing me to turn around to see a tall, dark haired, bearded man grinning back at me.

"Bucky? What the hell? How are you? I haven't seen you in ages."

"It is so good to see you y/n. Can we catch up at the compound? It's safer there, plus Steve will be pissed that he missed you"

I nodded in response, still clueless to where he had appeared from.

Bucky led me to his motorbike, "come on y/n. Jump on"

It wasn't a long ride to the compound. When we arrived a tall, muscular blonde man stood at the entrance of the compound.

At first Steve only noticed Bucky as I was standing behind him, "Took your time Buck"

"Yeah sorry about that, I ran into an old friend"

I stepped out from behind Bucky, grinning at Steve. "long time no see Steve"

"What the- We thought hydra killed you" replied a shocked Steve.

I pulled Steve into a rough hug, "you can't get rid of me that easily Stevie"

A young, brown haired boy appeared in the entrance looking confused, "Oh um, sorry I didn't know you were busy Mr Rogers"

Steve and I broke away, "don't worry about it kid, this is y/n y/l/n" he told the kid gesturing to me.

"Are you really Miss Y/n? Mr Rogers is always talking about you and telling stories about you from the war." Babbled the now very excited kid.

"calm down kid" interrupted Steve, "and it's not all the time" he added.

The kid was quick to apologise, "Sorry Mr Rogers. I'm Peter by the way"

"Nice to meet you Peter" I replied with a kind smile before turning to Bucky and Steve, "so, Bucky and Mr Rogers" I winked at Steve "who runs this place, nowadays you can never tell what's true or not in the news"

Both Bucky and Steve murmured in agreement before Steve replied, "technically Tony does, but almost all of us are here all the time"

Another man appeared in the entrance, a face that is on almost every magazine and billboard in America "better not be talking about me Capsicle"

Tony briefly checked me out before smiling and offering his hand, "Good to finally meet you Y/n. I've heard so much about you"

I shook Tony's hand before turning to Steve with a teasing smile, "Christ Steve, sounds like your a bit obsessed"

"you wish" he replied quickly while his cheeks tinged with the tell tale of embarrassment.

"Anyway, we have a routine mission Cap so make sure everyone is ready. And y/n make yourself at home we shouldn't be too long, if you need anything just ask FRIDAY"

"we might need y/n" suggested Bucky.

"yeah y/n is good" put in Steve.

"Im sure she is, but we don't operate on protocols from the 40s or hydra training, no offence y/n"

"None taken" I replied amused that the relatively short Stark was almost parenting the two super soldiers.

"Fine," Steve activated his in-ear comms, "Avengers, Assemble!"

"Oh and y/n, Loki will be around the compound as well. He is as sly as they come so look out for him" said Tony before activating his nano tech and flying away.