prologue

The silence was more deafening. I'd rather have us shouting back to be honest. It made me calm in some ways. If Harry wanted that, then I don't see the point in here.

"Tell me, Harry. I don't know why you're being like this." I urged him. I followed him to the bedroom. It's been half an hour since he last spoke. We were busy chatting up on the tent earlier when all of a sudden, his mood changed and he abruptly wanted to leave. I wanted him to speak up. I really want to but I got stared at instead.

"Is it because of my mum? Don't listen to her. She loves to manipulate people. I'd been under her spell before and-"

"It's not that." He said with gritted teeth. His back is still facing me and I don't know what his facial expression was. He padded towards the window, the one where I could always watch the sea in all its glory. The very same one that we looked at together three days ago and I told him that it was my favorite view.

"Then what Harry? Is it about Gabe?" I said. All this back and forth thing is stressing me out. I could feel a headache coming in. He held up his hand and rubbed his face.

"I don't get it. Are you jealous of him or something?" I murmured.

"No." He quickly replied. His body was tense and that's a dead giveaway that he's lying.

"Harry, you're jealous. I could literally see that. Yes, I love you and you don't and I accepted that. It's alright with me. But you don't get to do this right now like you own me. You said so yourself that you won't."

He flinched at my words. It's been months since I last confessed my love for him. He warned me way back before but what can I say? Life will find a way to screw things up. Whatever situation it may be.

"I'm not jealous, Sam. It's just that-"

"Then what?!" My voice suddenly went higher. I'm tired of his 'incapability to love' bullshit.

"I don't want to see you waiting for me. It's twisted in some ways. It should be me waiting. Not you." His last sentence was almost inaudible.

"If that's what you mean, I don't mind. I'm-"

"That's the point! I don't want to see you following me around and hoping that I come to my fucking senses."

"So you mean.. You feel like I'm wishing for you to say or do something back? Is that it? Like I'm fucking hopelessly in love with you?!"

"You're better off without me."

"Oh, that's bullcrap, Harry. You know it."

"I don't want to hurt you anymore."

"Then don't."

He shook his head and mumbled something before he started walking towards the drawers.

"What? Harry. What the hell are you doing?!" I yelled as I watched him pull out his clothes and throw them on the bed.

"I'm leaving. What does it look like I'm doing?" He pointed out.

"Here we go again. You're avoiding the problem again! Typical Harry!" I threw out my arms.

"What do you want me to do, huh?! Go profess that I love you to the people outside?!"

"Little do you know, Harry, that I'm hurting whenever you mock my feelings. I get that you don't want to fall in love with me because you're afraid I'll leave you after a few years. That's your issue. You're too far up in the future. It's like you already know what will happen next when in fact, you haven't even fallen for me at the start. I under-" I almost ran out of breath.

"I already did!" He replied back.

"What? You already did what?"

"Dammit, Sam. I'm in love with you!" He sighed. He ran his fingers through his hair.

"You're.. Y-You love me?" I was struck with his confession.

"Yes. I love you. I fell in love with you under those stars and those stories of yours." He said back. All I did was stare at him. Am I dreaming?

"I'm hopelessly in love with you." He suddenly walked towards me and a surge of weakness enveloped me as his lips met mine.