Chapter 10: Distant

(a/n: helo my sexc oompa loompas! welcome to the next chapter ;0)

~Izuku's POV~

It's been a week since my mother's funeral and a week and a half since she died. At her funeral, I gave a speech that I didn't even need to write down. All the words that came out of my mouth meant something. Each word I said was to show how much I love and care about her.

*Flashback to Funeral*

I see everyone in black dresses or suits. Everyone gives me the same old saying 'Sorry for your loss' bullcrap. I don't need that same bullcrap every time. Some people were tearing up, some people greeted and left, some people stayed for the whole time. I didn't have much of a family. My mother's side was small, my father's side didn't come at all, not surprised. 

Iida brought his girlfriend, Hatsume Mei, and also brought some other friends like Tsuyu Asui, Momo Yaoyorozu, Jiro Kyoka, Shinso Hitoshi, and Tokoyami Fumikage. They were all so sweet and supportive.

Some people from work and my backup crew came too. They all gave me hugs, but the most meaningful hug was Kacchan's hug. His hug was warm and I loved it. I didn't want to let go, it was the best hug I have gotten so far.

After greeting everyone the funeral began, the priest when up and said the prayer, "Receive the Lord's blessing. The Lord bless you and watch over you. The Lord make his face shine upon you, and be gracious to you. The Lord look kindly on you and give you peace; In the Name of the Father, and of the Son + and of the Holy Spirit."

"Amen," everyone responded. 

After the priest called me up to say a few words, before I go up, I looked at Kacchan for support. He gives me a soft smile and motions me to get up. I get up and stand in front of everyone.

"Um, thank you all for coming today. I know that things haven't been easy, I mean for me it hasn't." Already, I started to tear up, "I won't be able to get more than a sentence into it without going into a puddle of tears. But my tears have meaning, I think my own tears show how much I loved my mother." 

The crowd is silent, I take a deep breath and continued, "My mother was no ordinary mother, she was goofy and she had a passion for music, she taught me so much and I'm so grateful for that. She gave me pride and joy, every time I was down, she would lift me up with all of her strength." 

I felt tears rolling down my cheek, I look up to Kacchan and see tears on his face too. He mouths to me 'I miss Auntie too.' 

I look down and try to hide my tears but they wouldn't listen, "I uh, don't deserve her. She gave me everything, she made my dream come true, she supported me when others didn't. I couldn't ask for another mother, she made me become the singer I am today."

I look up and see my friends faces, eyes red, people choking in their own tears, "I am thankful for everything she has given me, she made my life bright when it was dark, at my weakest she made me the strongest, at my saddest, she comforted me."

I take my last deep breath and finish my speech, "She is my sunshine. She is my life. She is my heart. My treasure. My forever and everything..."

I break down and whisper my last and final words to her, "I love you mom, thank you for standing by me."

I go back to my chair and look away from the casket I couldn't see them put her into the ground. I say my goodbyes, I was the first one to leave.