Chapter 34

Mumbling words to the song echoing around the kitchen, I stand at the kitchen counter with a small hum leaving my lips. Chicken slices were frying away in the pan while I chop up some onions and grate some cheese to sort out the homemade fried chicken panini that I'm making for Keigo's special lunch. A bento box sat on the island already full of some little chocolates in one compartment, some carrot and cucumber sticks with some sliced fresh tomatoes in another and some rice with sesame seeds and some fresh coriander. All it needed was the panini to finish it off and his lunch would be ready for him to dig into.

Since Keigo couldn't stay the evening last night, considering the girls and I had a little girls night, I thought I could make it up to him by making him a scrumptious lunch for looking after Angel. Sure, there were other ways to make things up to him (but food is always the best bet). So, here I was, trying to finish off his dinner before Angel manages to get her paws onto the food she shouldn't eat.

Speaking of the little dog, Angel was circling my legs with a small bark. Her bright blue eyes looking toward me, sparkling with need as I sort out the food. The dog licking her chops as she eyes the food that I make for Keigo, Angel's tail wagging happily as I reluctantly grab some chicken and set it down for her to dig into. Her eyes sparkle happily as she gets what she wants and wolfs it down while I quickly sort the panini and push the George Foreman down to cook the panini and melt the cheese.

Once it's made, I set it into the bento box and close the lid with a smile before setting it on the table by the front door to get myself ready. I whistle Angel over and kneel down in front of her to put her collar on her and make sure she's on her lead before sliding into my shoes and checking my appearance in my mirror. After grabbing my bag and the bento box, I click my tongue and open the front door to let Angel skip out of the house with me in tow.

With the front door locked, Angel and I begin our walk down the sidewalk. Angel's nose twitching and sniffling as she smells the streetlights nearby and the bushes enclosing everyone's front gardens that we walk past. Angel then basking in the attention that strangers and by-passers give her. Children cooing toward her and patting her snow white fur while adults make little comments about how 'gorgeous' she was.

Angel loves attention.

As we make our way down the sidewalk toward my boyfriends hero agency, I wave toward Yui as we walk past her. The girl on patrol as Mount Lady with her boyfriend, Kamui Woods, by her side. The cream haired woman smiles playfully toward me before kneeling down to pull Angel in for a big cuddle making me laugh as Kamui rolls his eyes and shakes his head at his girlfriend.

"Hello Angel," Yui coos, kissing the dogs cheek happily and ruffling her fur as the dog jumps at her and barks happily, "Where are you going? Are we going to the park? Or a dog friendly cafe to get that yummy cake for dogs that you love so much?"

"We're going to Keigo's office," I explain, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear before biting back a laugh as Angel sniffs around Kamui's legs, "I made him lunch to make up for leaving him out last night,"

"Awww, aren't you two cute?" Yui coos, pinching my cheek with a small giggle before leaning into her boyfriend, "Not as cute as Kamui and I, of course,"

"Angel! Don't!" I scold, watching as the dog slowly pulls her cocked leg back, Angel whines gently before padding toward the streetlight to go to the bathroom instead of on Kamui's foot, "How are you two?"

"Good, we better keep going," Kamui explains looking toward his girlfriend who curses under her breath and whines to herself as she smushes her face into her boyfriends shoulder. The male sighs and says sarcastically, "I know, I know, it's so hard being a hero isn't it? Being pretty isn't enough—"