Chapter 4

Slowly, and ever so carefully, I swipe a makeup brush across my sisters face, gently blending the pastel blue, orange, purple and pinks together to create a beautiful pastel sky from my recent design. My sister, thankfully, sitting still and being patient with me as I blend three parts of her face into a pastel sky. From the right side of her forehead slowly merging past her eye, then across her left cheek and slowly creeping up the side of her nose and then across her lower right cheek and crawling across her jaw. It was a slow process.

But I knew it would be amazing when it was finished.

My sister, always ready to lend a hand, was more than happy to be my model for whenever I wanted to try out new designs. Sitting quietly and still for me. Letting me gently rub in the foundation and contour her face before finally grabbing the eye shadows and liners to begin my designs. More often than not, she'd have her earphones in and fall asleep so she wasn't really bothered. She also loved to take pictures of it to show her friends at work.

Sitting happily in her lap, curled up fast asleep, laid Angel. Resting her cheek against my sisters stomach, serving as a natural heating pad to soothe my sisters cramps. The snow white dog snoring softly while Amai gently runs her fingers through her fur.

Before I could get the white eye shadow to begin the clouds, someone knocks at the door, ripping Amai out of her small daze of staring at pictures of guys on her social feed. Setting my brush down, I wipe my hands down on my apron and head to the door, unlocking it before opening the door and smiling toward my guest.

Rumi Usagiyama. Rabbit Hero : Mirko.

The sun kissed woman sends me a small smile, clad in her normal civilian wear with a cap covering her two thin rabbit ears. Rolling my eyes with a small giggle, I let her walk in, arching a brow as she darts for the small bin full of tampons and pads in our bathroom. My sister giggling as Mirko locks the door behind her to sort herself out.

"Hey Rumi," Amai calls out, setting her phone down as Rumi leaves the bathroom, grabbing one of the heating pads from the medicine cabinet and sitting down on the couch placing it on her stomach, "Your hell week too?"

"Well, spending time with you bitches for so long managed to sync us up," she grumbles, making grabby hands toward the chocolate in a bowl on the coffee table, whining as I sneakily pick the bowl up and take a piece for myself before setting the bowl back down, "And I can only stand Hawks for so long until I wanna wring his big head off his body,"

"I know the feeling," Amai hums, handing Rumi the small bowl of chocolate and giggling when the rabbit female almost devours it instantly, turning the tv from soothing music to some random chick flick drama as she makes herself comfortable, "Uh, who said you could change the channel? You don't even live here,"

"Uh, I do now, you made me have my hell week earlier than I planned, it's your fault so you suffer with me," Rumi says sticking her tongue out toward Amai who flips her off with a raspberry, "Classy, real classy Amai (L/n), you touch your man with those hands?"

"He wishes," Amai scoffs before whining as Angel hops off of her lap, scuttling toward Rumi who laughs and happily accepts the love of my Samoyed, holding Angel in her lap and kissing her forehead, "You damn traitor,"

"Ha! Hello Angel!" Rumi coos, cupping the dogs cheeks and kissing her little snout before holding her close, "You missed your Auntie Mimi?"

"How are you Rumi?" I ask, going back to Amai and handing her some makeup wipes so she could remove the eyeshadow, Amai smiling toward me before heading to the bathroom to wipe the makeup off, "Hero work going alright?"

"Meh, it ain't so bad," Rumi hums with a shrug as I sit down next to the humanoid rabbit, wrapping one of my wings around her from behind to heat her back up, the girl snuggling into my plush feathers, "Being a female hero with such a high ranking is amazing though, I can't believe I hit fifth... Fifth! Can you believe that?!"