Chapter 25

Clicking my tongue gently, I stand in front of my boyfriend, my hands on my hips. My mind racing a mile a minute as I look at each aspect of his face. A hum leaving my lips as I judge his makeup, pursing my lips as I lick my thumb and gently rub my thumb against his cheek making him chuckle and shake his head. The male sitting patiently for me to let him go, a lopsided grin on his lips as I grab eyeliner from the side and quickly correct the lines to make them more sharp and more neat. Once happy with it, I pull away and take a deep breath.

Perfect.

Thankfully, Keigo understood my jumpy and perfectionist nature going overboard today. He knew how much today meant to me. He hasn't been annoying nor has he been complaining about my skittish behaviour. He's actually been very understandable. He's been helping me get to grips for today after panicking about it for weeks on end. Giving me cuddles when I hit a brick wall, walking and feed Angel when I can't find the energy or the time to do it. He's even offered to allow me to play with the makeup on his face to make up new designs so I can see how it looks on a model instead of just hoping it'll look good on a piece of paper.

Today, after dreading it for weeks on end, was the day that a rather renowned makeup designer was coming into our modelling agency to assess makeup designers in the agency and offering scholarships at her own agency. She's like the All Might or the Endeavor of the Makeup designer industry. She's worked with thousands of celebrities and famous models and top heroes. Her work is phenomenal! She's worked with so many top designers too! She's amazing!

If I got to work with someone like her her, it could be a huge step forward in my career!

Taking a deep breath, I try to compose myself to try and quell my fears. My stomach squeezing and wrenching in trepidation as the photographer knocks on the doors of each dressing room, telling us that she's ready. Keigo sends me a reassuring smile and kisses my forehead gently before taking my hands in his, clearing his throat to catch my attention making me look up at him, fear evident in my eyes. My hands beginning to sweat. Heart in my throat. Head pounding.

"Hey, squeeze my hands baby bird, squeeze them as tight as you can," Keigo offers, chuckling gently as I squeeze his hands as tightly as I possibly can, squeezing my eyes tightly shut as I do so to take a deep breath, "Hey, it's okay, you're gonna be amazing baby,"

"You think so?" I ask gently, fiddling with his fingers, smiling softly toward him as he nods and kisses my forehead as I snuggle into his chest with a shaky breath, the male humming as I squeeze each of his fingers and move them about gently, "I... I don't know... Kei... I..."

"Hey, look at me," Keigo hums gently, cupping my face in his hands and gently rubbing my cheek with his thumb, a smile playing on his lips as I look up at him nervously, biting my lip as I make eye contact, "You are an amazing makeup designer, if she can't see that then she's blind. Don't let anyone intimidate you babe? You're perfect, you're amazing and you're gorgeous, don't let anyone take that away from you, okay?"

"O — okay," I hum gently, giggling as he gently presses a kiss to my lips that I happily return, squeezing his hands once more before pulling away and taking a deep breath, "Let's do this,"

"That's my girl," Keigo says, giving me a quick squeeze before leaving the dressing room with me in tow, my hands slightly shaking by my sides as we head down the hallway toward the studio, "Good luck baby,"

Giggling gently, I hold my hands behind my squeezing my fingers as I walk down the corridor. My heart jumps into my throat as Keigo opens the door, only to back away nervously as bite his lip making me frown gently as the door shuts silently. Keigo walking in the opposite direction of the door making me groan and chase after him, taking a sigh, I grab his wrist and pull him back making him groan gently and look toward me. His eyes full of something I never imagined...