Chapter 11

Working with Keigo wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. If I'm being completely honest, it's actually been pretty fun. A lot better than I imagined. A whole lot better than what I had envisioned. Sure, sometimes we can clash. Sure, sometimes he's late. Sure, sometimes he's a bit too much at times... but we have an understanding. We have laughs. We joke around. He's cracked a couple of pick up lines, I've batted them away and he's played it off cooly. We get on surprisingly well.

And I couldn't ask for a better model.

He's so much fun! Seriously. I don't think I've ever heard so many jokes cracked about Endeavor in one day! I would be lying if I said that Keigo doesn't make my days better. I haven't thought about high school once. It's something I wanted to forget to begin with. I don't want it to affect my work. There's no point dwelling on the past. It's done. It's over. You learn and adapt and you overcome. He's apologised, sure, I want a bit more than an apology. But it's a start. You have to start from somewhere. I can't expect him to hand me the moon or the earth.

After all, it was years ago, holding onto something like that would hurt me more than it would hurt him.

Humming gently, I get everything out on the table, ready to get Keigo in and out as quick as possible. The pallets down and on the side, open, revealing their beautiful nude pigments of eyeshadow. The blush on the side. The foundation at the ready. Going for a natural look. All I needed was my model and I was good to go.

My model, being on time for once in his life, was currently getting dressed into his attire. The winged hero standing in the changing area (behind a curtain) getting into his chosen outfit for the shoot. Taking his sweet time, as per usual (sometimes peeking his head out and wiggling his eyebrows at me for a bit of a laugh). The male whistling a small bird song as he slips into his outfit, a simple jeans and shirt combo. A crisp, black suit jacket was hanging on a hook on the wall, an accessory to his outfit (something to hold over his shoulder).

"Come on Keigo," I hum, crossing my arms over my chest with a small smile, arching a brow as I watch the curtain flutter a bit, the male smirking to himself (I could sense it), "We need get sort your face out before the shoot,"

"Why don't you come and get me?" Keigo teases, you could practically hear the stupid grin plastering itself across his face, his tone oozing with playfulness, "Come seize the goods~"

"Oh please," I mutter under my breath with a small giggle, shaking my head as I walk to the curtain and wrap my fingers around the curtain, biting my lip with a grin before leaning against the wall, "Ooh! I wonder what's behind curtain number one?"

"(Y/n)! Don't you dare! I'm still nakey!" Keigo whines playfully, putting a baby voice on, shrieking as I pull the curtain open (he was fully clothed, I can clarify) and pretending to cover himself before bursting into laughter and leaning against the door to 'catch' himself, "Hey gorgeous, how you doing?"

"Get your butt in that chair, Takami," I say with a small laugh, shaking my head as he teeters to the chair and sits down, sticking his tongue out as I walk over and grab the makeup sponge, "You're such a dork,"

"But you love it," Keigo coos, closing his eyes to allow me to blend the foundation into his skin, his wings fluttering gently, a small sigh leaving my lips as I turn around to get the highlighter.

Ever since Rumi came over for dinner, my mind has been running all over the place. I couldn't sleep properly. I even lost my focus when I was practicing some designs on Amai the other day. The thought of Keigo liking me (in a courting sense) seemed unheard of to me. I didn't believe it. How could I? I didn't even know how to feel about it... do I go for it? Do I wait for him to come to me and tell me? Is he even going to say anything?