Chapter 20

A small smile plays on my lips as I lean against the wall and watch as Keigo poses for the camera. Keigo ignoring the cameraman and doing his own thing (as per usual) while also flirtatiously teasing me. A chuckle leaving his lips as I wink toward back, resting my hand on my cheek. The winged male smirks toward me with a small wink back as he side eyes the camera, his eyes rolling as he hears the director critiquing his pose and his undivided attention toward me. Biting my lip, I cover my mouth to hide the giggle threatening to burst as my cheeks plume into redness.

Ever since that day he kissed my cheek, both of us have been rather forward with each other. I haven't been as repulsed by his flirtatious antics nor have I shunned any away. In fact, I've more or less played along. He's been more open about it. Keeps asking me out to dinner (to which I keep rejecting). Keeps giving me flowers every week now (since Rumi told him I knew it was him). If anything, he's been more happy around me than normal.

It's as if he knows something...

My stomach wrenches into knots as I feel butterflies fluttering around. My heart hammering in my chest as I fiddle with my nails nervously, biting my lip as I look back up toward Keigo. My eyes widening as I notice him blow a kiss toward me making me roll my eyes and catch it playfully. A smile on my lips as I watch him finish up with the cameraman and the director, snorting as I watch their mouths drop as Keigo tells them something. The blonde then leaving them with a smile, his head held high as I open the door for him to leave the studio.

"What did you do?" I ask as I shut the door behind me, following him down the corridor, trying not to feel jealous at all the girls (mainly my coworkers!) staring at him. Digging my hands into my pant pockets, "Hm? What did you say?"

"They told me that you shouldn't be around during my shoots," Keigo simply says with a small smirk, winking toward me as I gawk at him. He wasn't even acknowledging the stares like he usually does! What's going on? Has he hurt himself? The male then grins as he continues on, "So I told them to go to hell and that you're staying whether they like it or not,"

"Really?" I ask with a smile, grabbing the key for the dressing room and unlocking the door for us, pushing it open for Keigo, "But they told me I was a distraction,"

"So? You're my makeup artist, plus you're my gorgeous assistant," he says poking my nose with a chuckle making me giggle and wriggle it as we walk in, "Wouldn't wanna work without you, baby bird,"

Shaking my head with a knowing smile, I shut the door and let him walk behind the curtain to get changed. A giggle leaving my lips as he bites his lip, wiggling his eyebrows as he gestures toward me, laughing when I roll my eyes and throw his jacket toward him. Hitting him square in the face! The male closes the curtain, giggling to himself as he pokes his naked leg out the side, wiggling his toes making me squeal with laughter. Wolf whistling playfully, I burst into laughter as Keigo pulls his foot back to get changed.

While I wait, I begin getting the makeup remover and reusable pads, grabbing the cleanser and the toner humming a soft tune to myself. Getting everything I need ready to wipe off the makeup off his face. Ready to finish off the day, ready to get going to wallow in my bedroom about how lonely I am and how Keigo doesn't like me back.

"Are you done yet, bird brain?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest, arching my brow as he pokes his head around the curtain, "What?"

"Uh... I have a rather pressing matter to ask of you," Keigo announces, sending me an awkward smile as I arch a brow and lean against the table, waiting for him to tell me what this 'pressing matter' is, "Well... uh... I know I've been bugging you about it... but... you wanna go out for dinner?"

"Right? Uh... what happens if I say no?" I ask with a sly smirk, snorting when his face drops into a slight frown, "Are you gonna keep asking me? Or are you gonna give up?"

"Why would I give up? I wanna take you out for dinner," Keigo says seriously, putting all jokes aside making goosebumps prickle over my back as my throat tightens up unexpectedly. Was he serious? Am I dreaming right now? Is he asking me out?... for real?!

Did someone break Keigo?!

Flattered, as well as quite taken back, I place a hand over my chest as I take a deep breath. My stomach knotting up more than ever and an army of butterflies flutter in my stomach. Eyes feeling like they're going to bulge out of my skull any minute. Heart hammering in my chest. Threatening to burst out of my ribs. Hands slowly beginning to grow clammy as I begin biting at my finger nails. What was going on?! Was he serious?! He's actually asking me out?!

"You don't have to say yes... I'm not gonna pressure you into it or anything," Keigo promises me as he steps out of the curtain, running his fingers through his messy blonde locks, his eyes glimmering with hope as he looks toward me, "I know we haven't had the best start but.. I really think we could hit it off... obviously if you don't like me that way I'll stop it completely and we can go back to being coworkers and nothing more,"

Oh he was being serious...

Oh my god. Oh. My. God. He's seriously serious. He really wants to take me out to dinner. No joking around. He's going for it. Throwing the bait out there and seeing if I'll take it and follow through with this. Hoping and praying to himself that I'll take it and we can make this work. God. I can't believe it.

Taking a deep breath, pulling my nails away from my lips and digging my hands into my pockets, I send him a small smile. The male chuckling nervously as he rubs the back of his neck, awaiting anxiously for my response. His blonde locks shaping his equally gorgeous face as he runs his fingers through it for the second time. The nerves getting to him. His wings even fluffing up as he looks toward me.

Oh god. I really need to answer this. I can't just leave him hanging.

It's like you don't care about the bullying anymore... He's only going to hurt you...

Plaguing the back of my mind, taunting me daily, was my older sisters words. As much as I'd love to. What would Amai say? What would she do? Would she kick me out because I'm dating my old high school bully? Would she kick up merry hell just because I want to date him? I couldn't risk my relationship with my sister for Keigo. Amai's been there for me through thick and thin. Yet...

He really cares about you...

Rumi's words hang heavy in the back of my mind as I look toward him.

He talks about you all the time at work...

A small smile plays on my lips as I nervously scratch the inside of my palms with my nails, gulping gently as I watch him fidget. The tension between us hanging heavy. You could even cut it with a knife.

Do what makes you happy...

Keigo's eyes bore into mine as he slowly takes my hands into his. Rubbing his thumb over the back of my hand making me giggle before clearing my throat. I need to do this. I need to do this...

You're the one in the relationship. Not anyone else...

I can't be stuck in the past. No way. Not anymore. I can't let myself get hung up on something that tore me down. Rumi was right. She always is. I had to do this for me. If it doesn't work out, then it doesn't work out. If I does... then that would be amazing. I could do this. I can do this.

Taking a deep breath, I look up into Keigo's piercing yet welcoming yellow eyes. My heart in my throat as I swallow, tightening my hands around his as I send him a small smile. My eyes searching his.

"Sure... I'll go to dinner with you," I reply softly, smiling gently as his eyes widen in realisation. A huge grin playing on his lips as he has a little victory. Fist bumping to himself before picking me up by my waist and twirling me over the head making me giggle, "You're being serious about this aren't you? It's not a joke?..."

"It's not, I promise you," he says with a bright smile, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into a tight hug. The male burying his head into my neck with a hum and sighing happily, "Thank you so much..."

"For what?" I ask looking up at him as we pull away, his hand gently caressing my cheek with a hum, "Keigo?"

"Giving me a second chance,"...