Chapter 40

Tucking a strand of hair behind my ear, I relax happily on the couch of my new home. Angel happily tuckered out in my lap, fast asleep, her tail coiled around my hand while I gently stroke my hand through her snow fur. A small smile playing on my lips as I snuggle into the pillows and watch the game show playing on the tv. Little giggles leave my lips whenever someone gives a ridiculous answer or an answer that seems way too far fetched. I make little tiny mental cheers whenever I play along and actually get a question right, asking myself whether it was pure luck or that I was actually very smart and I didn't know it yet.

For the first time in weeks, I felt at ease. I know, living in this home, living with Keigo, that I am safe. I know that I don't need to worry about someone stalking me or anything because Keigo made sure that there are security cameras taping every movement outside. I know that I will be safe here because Keigo has gone that extra mile to make sure that I'll feel secure here. I know that staying here, Angel will be safe and no one will threaten her. I'm safe, that's what matters.

I could finally relax knowing that.

Letting myself relax slightly, I look toward the clock nailed to the hallway with a hum. A giggle leaving my lips when I see what the time and smile to myself. My eyes sparkling with anticipation as I gently tap Angel off my lap and switch the tv over. Turning it over to something like a sitcom so I could just flick back and forth between the tv and then whatever I'm doing. My heart beating with excitement as I head upstairs toward our shared bedroom.

It had been a week since I moved in and a week since Keigo had found my lacy lingerie that I had bought specially for him for a special occasion. A week since I promised him that when I move in, that I'll wear it for him and we can have some fun. So, after settling in properly and Keigo being an amazing boyfriend, I have now decided that today would be the perfect day for it.

Opening up my nightstand, I pull out the lacy red lingerie from the bottom of the drawer as well as the matching red leather garter belt and thigh high lacy socks. Something that I knew Keigo would go head over heels for and want to rip them off as soon as he sees them. Although I hope he doesn't rip them off, they're very expensive! Once I have everything, I strip down to nothing and quickly slide the lingerie on and make sure everything is in place before slipping everything back on.

Hoping that my hoodie and sweatpants combo won't give away anything, I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear and head toward the kitchen to make a start on the lovely dinner that I had planned to make for my hardworking boyfriend. My stomach burning with excitement as I pull out one of my recipe books and quickly flick through the page to find what recipe I need for the evening. My tastebuds watering as soon as I get it up.

A beautiful juicy steak with homemade fries, mozzarella sticks, homemade garden salad and a side of chicken wings.

Since Keigo and I practically lived on chicken, I thought it would be nice to shake things up a bit. Have a juicy bit of beef instead for a change which will be seasoned to the best of my culinary abilities. Something that I know he will love and something that I know he will enjoy. It's something that he also kept turning back to whenever we did a meal plan at the weekend but often put it aside thinking that it was too much effort or it wouldn't be enough for us to eat.

After pulling out the steaks from the fridge, I begin sprinkling some salt and pepper over the meat and let it sink in gently. I wash my hands and then begins to make a start on the homemade fries, a smile on my lips as I begin to slice the potatoes into thin strings before seasoning them with some paprika, chilli flakes and salt to give it that little kick before sliding them into the oven for a little cook. A laugh leaving my lips as Angel comes barrelling in with a happy bark. The dog staring up at me with happiness sparkling in her eyes as I pick her up and let her lick at my cheek.