Chapter 30

Humming a soft tune, I twirl around the kitchen with my favourite music blaring from the speakers. My hair pinned back into a ponytail. A bright smile on my lips as I dance to the music, nodding my head to the rhythm and swaying my hips to the beat as I stir the pot bubbling away in the stove. The delicious spicy smells of curry waft around the kitchen as I stir the chopped onions and celery and garlic and spices together into the curry mixture while pieces of chicken breast fry away on a frying pan.

Placing the pan lid back onto the pan, I twirl across the kitchen and throw my hands in the air and sway to the music, dancing to the beat and singing the lyrics (maybe not on key or in tune) as best as I can. Giggling as Angel barks up at me and stands in her hind legs, moving her front paws up and down, dancing with me in a way. Unable to fight off the big smile playing on my lips, I open up the cupboard and pull out some of the uncooked rice from the shelf and fill some water into the rice cooker.

For the last few days, I have been so much happier than I have ever been. Keigo's been amazing. Showering me with tons and tons of cuddles and kisses, even surprising me in the mornings with breakfast that he bought from a cafe and a coffee with a sneaky love heart powdered over the foam whenever I lifted up the plastic covering of the takeout cup.

He had really been spoiling me...

So, to give something back to my boyfriend and show him that I'm making an effort in our relationship, I decided to treat my boyfriend to a scrumptious homemade dinner. Something meaningful and something that I know he'll enjoy. Keigo had done so much for me, it was only fair for me to do something in return for how much he's spoiling me. Plus, I haven't made dinner for him yet so it's a really big deal! For me, anyways...

Pouring rice into the rice cooker, I turn it on and close the lid, letting the rice cook away as I check the pieces of chicken. Making sure they're cooked properly and thoroughly, I pour the chicken into curry sauce and mix it together, letting the spices aerate the chicken while bopping to the music. My ponytail swishing with my movement as I stir the curry before I pick up my fluffy dog and bob to the music as she wriggles.

As the music changes to a different song, I set Angel down and grab plates from the cupboard and set them on the kitchen counter, my head nodding along to the song as I twirl and let my hair swish around. My feathers happily flutter while I check on the rice and make sure it's cooked properly and it isn't over cooked into a sloppy mushy mess.

Once happy with everything and having a quick taste of the curry to make sure it's perfect and there's nothing wrong with it, I begin plating up the meal. Having a small dome of rice on the side with a fresh parsley leaf on top with some curry beside it. A giggle leaving my lips as I admire my handiwork and take an innocent picture of it (that I'm totally not going to post on my social media account) to remind myself how much a good cook I am before heading to the dining table.

As I set them down on the table, my doorbell rings making me frown gently. Angel rushes to the door and begins barking at the front door making me groan gently at how loud she's being as I turn off the sound system and head toward the door. A silhouette stands outside the door making me curse under my breath.

Please don't tell me it's one of my neighbours who have nothing better to do than complain about me having a good time...

Grabbing the keys and shushing Angel, trying to calm my dog down before she attacks whoever's at the door for existing, I twist the key to unlock it before pulling the handle down. As I open up the front door, my breath catches on my throat, my eyes widening at the state of the person opposite me.

Oh god...

Standing opposite me, trying not to show me how much pain he really is in, was Keigo. The messy blonde had little cuts all over his arms and legs; his hero jacket torn and slashed at. His wings had been messed with, some feathers missing making his wings smaller than usual. He had a couple burns on his arm, neck and a couple on his chest. His shirt torn.