Chapter 52. Seventeen

Scarlett practically sprinted to the joke shop after work, the excitement bubbling over inside of her. She pulled open the door, holding her copy of the magazine in her hands. The twins were nowhere in sight, but Verity was.

"Hey Verity, have you seen the twins?"

"They might be in the back, what's got you all excited?"

"Do you read Witch Weekly?"

"Sometimes, why?"

"Just look," Scarlett had no time to be rude or snarky with the girl, instead she was the nicest she had ever been. Lifting up the magazine she held it out to show the blonde.

"No way! They put you on the cover?" She gasped.

"Yes! They did!" She squealed.

Verity decided not to be mean to the excited girl either, "that's amazing, congrats."

"Thank you." She continued her search for her boyfriend, finding him in the section of different prank candies.

She held the magazine behind her back, beaming up at him. "Hello Freddie."

"Hey Scarlett, did you get the magazine?" He set down the box in his hand.

"Indeed I did."

"Can I see it? You're acting quite strange," Fred shook his head with a lopsided grin. She pulled the magazine from behind her back, pushing it towards Fred. She couldn't make out any words, just giggles.

Fred's eyes were the size of the moon, "the bloody cover? You got on the cover! Merlin, the whole magazine is practically dedicated to you and the other three!"

"They didn't even tell us! We found out this morning!" Fred set the magazine down, wrapping his arms around her and lifting her up to be eye level with him.

"You're basically famous now, congratulations darling."

"They offered me a job when I graduate, and they're gonna commission me to write for them. They promised me an article in every edition."

"You deserve it." Fred smiled, kissing her forehead.

They left the back room, getting ready for the arrival of Scarlett's as well as Fred's parents, along with the other teenagers. George helped them to make sure the shop was spic and span, Fred wanted to impress Patrick and Saoirse.

When they finally arrived, the two muggles were in awe. They didn't know where o look, there were bright colors and various items everywhere. "This place is incredible, I've never seen anything like it." Patrick approved of the store.

"It really is extraordinary, you two did all of this yourselves?" Her mother was mesmerized.

"We did, George and I tested and created every product ourselves."

"Not without some error of course, but we managed." George smiled, the twins were completely in their element talking about the dream they brought to life.

The tour began, Fred and George taking turns to explain different sections. When they introduced Verity even she managed to be polite, much to Scarlett's delight. Patrick and Saoirse were amused by the UNO cards in the muggle section, giggling about how much the boys had loved the game when they came to visit.

The tour ended in the flat, Patrick and Saoirse congratulating them on the success the shop had brought. If Scarlett wasn't certain her parents approved of the tall british boy, she was now.

On the way to the Leaky Cauldron for dinner Scarlett got a chance to talk to Harry while Fred pointed out the different places in the alley. "Harry, you know how you saw Draco in Knockturn Alley last month?"