Chapter 40. Punch

Luna had joined them, wearing a ginormous lion's head hat. No one decided to question it as it was common behavior for the girl, instead they turned their attention to the intense game being played. Ron started for the goalpost, narrowly dodging a bludger.

Lee started commentating just as Angelina got the quaffle, "It's Johnson! Johnson has the quaffle, what a player she is! First year as captain, the Weasley's didn't get it because they give McGonagall grey hair."

"JORDAN!" McGonagall scolded the boy.

Crabbe hit the chaser with a bludger, causing it to be taken by Montague. Just then George hit him the back of the head with a bludger, allowing Katie Bell to catch the quaffle. Cheers and chants erupted throughout the packed stadium as the game proceeded, but one chant caught everyone's ears.

"Weasley cannot save a thing...That's why Slytherins all sing: Weasley is our king!.. Weasley was born in a bin... Weasley is our king!"

The Slytherins chants caused Scarlett's stomach to turn, it was one thing to mock his quidditch skills, but it was also a direct attack on his family. Saying he was born in a bin, Scarlett had never been to the Burrow but she was sure it was a lovely place. Ron looked queasy on his broom, the song making it worse.

Gryffindor almost scored, but the keeper blocked it soon. Soon the quaffle was passed to Slytherin and they proceeded to the other side of the pitch. "New Gryffindor keeper this season! Ron Weasley, brother of our famous Weasley beaters! Come on Ron!" Lee encouraged him.

Unfortunately as the quaffle was shot, Ron missed it. The taunting from the green and silver house only got worse, the chants getting louder and louder. "What bloody prats! Are they relying on tormenting the poor boy to win?!" Scarlett spat.

Scarlett cheered as Fred hit a bludger, whacking it at Montague who had gotten the quaffle. Fred's muscles flexed under his Jersey as he used all of his strength to hit the flying ball. As the bludger hit him square in the back, Fred looked up and locked eyes with Scarlett. He sent her a wink just before flying away.

"Beater Fred Weasley hits Montague! Sending a cheeky wink to his girlfriend Scarlett-"

"JORDAN THIS ISN'T A DATING SHOW!"

"Sorry professor, just adding a bit of spice is all!" Lee defended himself as Scarlett blushed.

Just then Harry spotted the snitch, diving down to catch it. Scarlett's heart stopped as she watched, hoping for him to catch it. As Harry's fingers enclosed around the small golden ball the stands erupted. "Way to go Harry!" Scarlett screamed at the top of her lungs.

Just then Lee shouted into the Microphone, "Harry Potter has caught the snitch! More importantly, I have something to say to a special person in the crowd."

Scarlett had no idea what he was talking about, even McGonagall let him proceed as she was also curious.

"Rowan Chen, I love you!" He called out to his girlfriend.

Rowan froze, it was apparently the first time he had said this to her. Her neck turned red, "I love you too Lee." Her voice was quiet.

"What was that?" He called out.

This time Rowan was much louder, "I LOVE YOU TOO LEE JORDAN! The people paying attention cheered for the couple as well as the match that had just been won. Just then Crabbe swung his bat and hit Harry in the back, knocking him to the ground.

Scarlett ran out onto the field as Draco flew up to the Gryffindor team, already being a sore loser. "He's the worst keeper I've ever seen! I mean, he was born in a bin so what can you expect? Did you find the lyrics entertaining Potter?"