Chapter 53. Shock

After their clothes were back on and Scarlett had fixed her hair, they were making their way to the tattoo parlor. Scarlett would've been nervous if she wasn't still coming down from the high of being with Fred.

They were almost there, walking hand in hand. "Are you alright Scar?" Fred's voice was gentle.

"You don't have to keep asking Fred, I'm fine."

"You just seem tense, does it hurt this time?"

"No, surprisingly. I'm just tense because we're about to have a permanent picture drawn on us."

"It's exciting though, there's no one I'd rather do it with."

"Well there's not many people I'd get tattoos with either." Scarlett grinned.

"Not that kind of it, I was talking about sha-"

"No need to elaborate." She hushed him quickly, "We're here." She opened the door of the small parlor, Fred walking in first trying not to laugh.

Fred volunteered to go first, showing the man the sketch of what he wanted. Scarlett held his hand, more to calm her nerves than his, as the needle was pressed to the top of his rib cage. If it was painful Fred didn't show it, he smiled the whole time, playing with Scarlett's fingers.

It was a relatively simple tattoo and didn't take very long, Fred standing up from the chair to look at in the mirror. "Bloody hell, I love it." He looked at it from every angle, glancing at Scarlett for approval.

"It's wicked, my turn." She giggled, sitting in the chair. Fred laughed at her impatience, glad she wasn't as anxious anymore. The tattoo artist once again got the ink ready, Scarlett practically shaking.

"Just so you know, the inner wrist is a painful spot for some people to get tattooed. If it hurts too much we can take a break halfway through. Although it should be fine because it's a simple tattoo."

"Alright," she nodded for him to begin. It was a light sting that she could definitely feel, but after being crucioed by Bellatrix Lestrange it was nothing. Fred sat next to just like she had, holding her hand.

"You're a genius Scar, this is the best idea you've ever had." Fred gushed.

"What's life without doing things your parents won't approve of?" She giggled.

"Out of all of the couples who come in here to get matching, you may be one of the few that I think will actually last." The man gave his input, his hand staying steady on her wrist the whole time.

"I don't plan on going anywhere," Fred chuckled.

"Nor do I."

When the tattoo was done Scarlett lifted her wrist, absolutely in love with it. Fred had gotten the outline of Hogwarts's roof with a firework going off in the sky, while Scarlet got the same thing just with a constellation instead. The constellation she chose was Sagittarius, her brother's zodiac sign.

The Hogwarts roof was chosen because that's where they had first confessed their love for each other, and the magical school would always have a special place in her heart. Fred's choice of a firework stemmed from his love for mischief and a direct relation from the scheme he pulled that went down in Hogwarts history.

"This is so cool," she twisted her wrist around to see it in different directions. She lifted it next to Fred's, seeing them together was enough to make her giddier than she already was. "Even if it wasn't permanent I'd never take it off."

"Glad you like, It suits you quite well." Fred lifted it closer to his face to admire the constellation. "I bet your brother loves it too."

"I hope so." Thinking of Sam made her sad, but she chose to remember the good things about him instead of the tragic accident.