Chapter 80. Separated

Scarlett didn't realize she was awake at first due to how dark the room was. Then her pupils adjusted and she could see the silhouette of a tall man watching her from the corner. Pain consumed half her body while the other half was numb.

Her mind quickly went to come up with a plan, either announce herself or let the man think she was still unconscious. And if she did announce herself what would she say?

For some reason she wasn't worried about pain anymore, she was in enough of it that more wouldn't do much. "Hello sir or ma'am, I assume sir but I don't want to be rude. Lovely place you have here, it would be better if you turned on the bloody lights."

"Finally awake then, took you long enough." Yaxley's thick accent filled the room.

"The best part of being tortured is that it knocks you out, plus you get this really cool burning feeling all over your body, I highly recommend it."

"I have no time for your sass, mudblood. I need answers."

"The thing about answers is that you have to ask questions to get them."

Just then a light was turned on, causing Scarlet to squint her eyes. "Incarcerous." Ropes shot from the man's wand and wrapped themselves around her wrists and ankles. Then Scarlett realized it wasn't his wand, Ron had disarmed him, it was her wand.

"Ropes? Kin-"

"Shut up, you will answer me or you're never getting out of here. At least not alive."

"Brilliant, ask away."

"Where is Harry Potter."

Scarlett rolled her eyes, "that's a good question. I don't know considering you kidnapped me!"

"You have no idea where he went?"

"Nope, we were supposed to go back to the place you took me from but then you just had to ruin everything and-"

"Crucio!"

The hot light filled her body again, but this time it didn't hurt as much. The pain was there but at this point she was used to it. She could feel it, intensely, but for some reason it wasn't nearly as bad. "Crucio's quite unoriginal, don't you think it's time to find something else to use?"

"Next question, what were you doing at the ministry?"

"I was looking for my girl Umbridge, I missed her so much I just had to see her again."

"You clearly are very stupid, I could kill you. I will kill if you don't cooperate."

"Fine, I'll be cooperative if you answer one of my questions. Actually two." She tried to keep his eyes on her as her ankles moved to loosen the ropes. The less he thought about them the less of a struggle it was to escape.

"What are they then?"

"Who does your hair because it's so smooth, and two do you know occlumency?"

"No, what does-"

"Brilliant."

Scarlett pulled herself free from the ropes around her feet, using her heel to pull the ones from her wrists. Yaxley realized, lifting wand and crucioing her again, this time it bounced off her, giving her no pain at all. "I have your wand and the doors are locked, how do you figure you're going to get out of here?"

"I don't know, I punched Draco Malfoy once. I was thinking I could use my muggle combat skills or something."

"You useless mudblood, Avada-"

"Wait, what's that!" Scarlett looked behind him, pointing at a non-existent object.

Yaxley fell for, turning his head to look back. In the moment of distraction she charged. Knocking the man to the ground and sending the wand flying. She pulled herself off the ground, going as fast as she could in the direction of her wand. Right as her fingertips touched the edge her body was pulled backwards.