Chapter 20. Fight

Exams were just a couple days away and they were all that went through Scarlett's mind. She wanted nothing more to get top marks, it was if a competition was going on in her head.

Even if people like Fred said they were unimportant, she still wanted to know as much as she possibly could.

The days leading up to the exams were filled with Scarlett going to class, doing the mass amounts of homework she was assigned, and studying. This happened to annoy Fred, he felt as if his girlfriend had turned into a sort of zombie.

This particular day Fred decided to be extra impatient with the girl, "Scarlett why don't you just take a break, the weather is beautiful!" He pointed to the window, it was late afternoon and there was a slight breeze. Scarlett had been studying all day.

Without looking up from her book she replied, "Don't you have a product to work on?"

"Maybe," he narrowed his eyes, "but I would rather spend time with you."

"You know I'm busy."

"You've been busy since we got back from break in April! That was almost two months ago." Fred was trying not to yell.

"These exams are important to me Fred!" She finally looked up at him.

"And I'm not?" He'd given up on the calm facade.

"Don't even go there!" They both knew there was no avoiding the conversation they were having. Fred had tried to let her be while she was working, but it was hard when she never stopped.

"I'm just stating the facts! We have barely spent time together since the weekend we ditched class! The whole point was so you would stop being so uptight!"

   "Uptight? Excuse me for wanting to do well!"

"I want you to do well Scar, but you've become obsessive!"

"Now you're talking rubbish!" She slammed her quill down on the table.

"Rubbish?" He scoffed, "That's the fourth time you've reviewed that bloody chapter! You're going mad!"

Everything coming out of Fred's mouth was true. Scarlett had reviewed almost every chapter in her potions book at least twice. Even Hermione had been hanging out with the group and taking breaks from her work.

"You just can't understand because all you want in life is to run a joke shop! Nothing is serious to you Fred!" Her tone was louder with every word she spoke. The things Scarlett had said were like daggers to Fred's heart.

The products he had spent hours planning and his dream of running a joke shop were very serious to him. He thought Scarlett knew that.

"Fine. Stay up in this bloody tower for the rest of your life for all I care! It's quite obvious that the only thing that matters anymore is your bloody studying. Shame on me for thinking you might want to spend time with your boyfriend for once!"

"Maybe I will stay in here! It's better than listening to your complaining!"

"How would you like it if I ignored you and spent all of my time doing nothing but reading the same three textbooks over and over again?"

"I would enjoy it! Maybe then I could finally get something done! Maybe with you off my back I could breathe!

  "If you want space just come right out and say it! That's how you've been acting recently anyway!"

"You know what, that is what I want! I just want to be left alone!" Everyone in the tower could hear the exchange, the people who were in the common room had retreated to their dorms.