Chapter 2. Pranks

Her eyes widened and her heart sped up. Fred was hovering over her so unless she wanted to bump heads with him, she had to stay laying on the floor.

Trying to keep her voice even, she darted her eyes away from his, "Sorry about that."

Fred smirked, "I wasn't expecting you to be on the floor the next to time I saw you. No need to apologize, my rock hard abs protected me" He still hadn't moved.

"Yeah well your rock hard abs caused me to fall over." She narrowed her eyes at the smiley ginger.

Fred's grin was getting wider by the second, "So you agree? I do have rock hard abs! George said I was delusional..."

"If I say you have rock hard abs will you move over so I can stand up?" Scarlett asked, trying not to laugh. The situation was embarrassing, but she couldn't stop imagining Fred and George making bets on who had a better six pack.

Fred's wide smile turned into a sheepish expression as he moved to the side so Scarlett could grab her stuff and get to her feet. "Sorry," he murmured.

"It's fine, I should have been looking." She was smoothing out her black corduroy mom jeans and straightening her papers.

"So where are you headed?" Fred questioned, picking up a paper Scarlett hadn't noticed.

She took the paper from his hands and added it to her stack. One of Fred's better qualities was diffusing tension. He could easily turn an uncomfortable situation into something funny or just change the subject completely.

"I was going to the library to study. The first years are causing too much noise in the common room." Scarlett had to tilt her head up to look at Fred's face. He was significantly taller than her.

Fred's made a disgusted look at the word studying, "That sounds really boring. You should come with me, I'm going to put dung-bombs outside the Slytherin common room. Get back at those gits for taunting a first year." Fred held up the bag with a mischievous look in his brown eyes.

""As much as that offer is intriguing, this quiz is important." She really wanted to go with him, but the quiz was really important.

"You're saying no to me, because of school work? On the weekend? You need to sort out your priorities."

"My priorities seemed to be better sorted than yours, besides I don't fancy a detention with Snape."

"Oh come on please. I need a partner in crime! George and Lee are being so lazy. Plus you can live up to your nickname!" Fred pleaded with her, painting a fake pout on his face . It was really hard to say no to him.

"How do I know you aren't luring me into a trap? I know all about your pranks Fred."

"So you've heard of me?" Fred wiggled his bushy eyebrows.

"Don't flatter yourself." She rolled her eyes, "how am I supposed to know your not leading me to my doom?"

"I swear I'm not. It'll be fun!"

Scarlett thought about it for a second. She had been hoping to see the twins all week and now was her chance to hang out with one.

"How about I come with you and help execute your little prank, and then you come with me to study." She tried to compromise.

Fred hated studying but he really did want to spend time with Scarlett, especially since it would just be the two of them. He would never admit it but since last week on the train, he had been looking all over for her, since Harry had the map it was harder than he anticipated.

Fred decided to agree even though he doubted he would be doing much studying later, "Okay bomb girl, you help me and I'll study with you." He gave his most genuine smile.