Chapter 68. Tower

June 28th was a good day. A day Scarlett could wholeheartedly say she enjoyed every minute of. This was because she had received a series of letters. One from Celeste, one from Margot, one from her mum and finally one from Mrs. Weasley.

She delved into each one with a smile,

Dear Scarlett,

Guess what? Yours truly has graduated and I have big news. Like super mega huge news, I GOT INTO OXFORD! That's right, I'm moving to London! If I have to thank anyone it's my counselor Nancy, just kidding it's you because I probably wouldn't be going if it weren't for the fact I met you because Europe without friends is scary.

My parents accepted it, something or other about chasing my dreams. I'm going for English literature. Romance novels have called and I answered, I want to be an author. I know you've been writing for an obscure magazine or something, you'll have to show me when I visit. Plus Georgie told me all about your ventures with poetry.

It's a bit strange, thinking about how I'm going to be an adult by myself in a new country. Shoulda seen my face when I got the acceptance letter, I screamed. I also rang George, he screamed too. Then said something about Merlin and someone called Godric, I didn't ask. I think he's going to ask me to be his girlfriend when I get there.

When he visited in November I thought he was going to, but he didn't. I'm a patient woman though, if he doesn't I will. Also, he said something about you and Fred. If that ginger oaf hurt you I'll make him pay. Anyways my parents liked him. I think the British accent made him sound smarter and charmed them.

I get to London on July 20th. I'm renting an apartment and coming early to get to know the area. There's not a single thing I'll miss about Iowa, other than my family. But they travel to Europe all the time. I was thinking you could come down from potato country for a visit, see my apartment and such. I hope schools going well for you, call me when you get home for the summer.

Love you always,

Celeste.

Dearest Scarlett,

I do hope I'm writing this letter properly, my English has gotten better so fingers crossed. I know I haven't written in forever, I'm sorry about that. But I have some news, I was talking to Archer the other day and we were wondering if you and Mace would want to get together soon seeing as you're about to be on summer holiday. Archer's writing to Mace as I write this, let me know!

Also I know you must be dying for updates on Charlie. He's a literal angel, I've already planned another trip to Romania in September. He was a bit shy at first, but when we got to talking it was great. I'm sure you saw the article about his work on dragons I did way back. We talk all the time, he even sends me flowers and stuff. Write me back when you can, we all miss you so much at Witch Weekly.

Sincerely,

Margot.

Dear Scarlett,

Hi honey! I know these last few months have been hard for you, I've been in contact with Molly and just wanted to fill you in on some things. Firstly we've discussed your and Fred's break. Molly doesn't know why Fred's being the way he is, but she knows he's not happy. According to her all he does is mope these days. I figured that'd be of interest to you.

Also me and your father are thrilled to have you home for this summer. As much as we love the Weasley's it's nice to get you home. The Library's been doing a lot better, some scandal with that new place. We were planning on spending a couple weeks traveling, seeing new places.