Holiday Special

A story from the past

A Christmas Past.

'Twas (is that right?) the night before Christmas when all through the house. There wasn't a sound, not even from a mouse. But this is a mansion and they made sure to have pest control every fall.

The fourteen year old girl tip toed toward the staircase and down to the living room. A tree decorated to perfection was standing at ten feet tall. The presents were arranged from largest to smallest, but the mothers secret was that some were just for decoration.

Santa was long past her time (he is totally real) yet she long wished for a Christmas miracle. One that would make it feel as if she were a kid.

She knew that the next morning it was the time where the Ackermans would come and join them for Christmas. Every year. And again on New Years there would be a huge party thrown.

Mrs.(L/n) can't handle her alcohol very well at those parties.

"This is stupid. I hate Christmas.." she voiced to the Christmas tree. "If there is a magical old guy somewhere listening, can you make tomorrow better than the stupid christmases I usually get? I really don't want to dress up and fake smile till the sun goes down and stuff."

There was no answer back of course. Was there truly a weird old man listening? Was anyone listening?

"Young Miss," a man called out.

She shot up to look at the tree. "Santa??"

A man came out from the shadows of the hallway. It was Sebastian, her butler since she was a baby. He doesn't look like he aged a day. Dark locks and practically red eyes at some points. He was the perfect butler.

"It's me, young miss. It is far to late to be up." He covered her shoulders with a fuzzy blanket and led her back up the stairs and toward her room.

She stopped outside before looking up to him. "How did you know I was up?" She whispered as her parents room was not far away.

He smiled gently, "You always do this on Christmas Eve. Tonight was no different. Also, I am one hell of a butler." It seemed like he was implying something but the child was oblivious to the words.

"That's a bad word."

He said nothing but putting his finger up to his lips with a small smile. (Y/n) was ushered into her room before the door closed. Back into her bed and under the covers, she stared out the window to look at the bare woods before slipping back into her sleep.

Maybe someone was listening to her wish.