Eren

Eren had a dream before all of this

Eren had a dream before all of this. He wasn't the smartest in the class, but he wanted to be a doctor. Or a nurse. Eren wanted to help people like his father.

When he was young, his family welcomed in his adopted sister Mikasa. His whole life changed. He had to be a big brother and his family got involved with some people who were no better than devils in his eyes. He was the doctor to bad men.

Eren knew he could do better.

But then his mother got sick, and his father couldn't help her. He saw his father as a bad man, and wanted to make him angry. So he rebelled all through middle school. Mikasa and Armin always tried to be the angel's on his shoulder, but they couldn't stop him from falling in love with the mafia's daughter.

"She is already engaged, Eren. My bosses are getting pissed so stop this now."

Those words from his father only made him get closer to her. Eren, Mikasa and Armin weren't aware of how powerful her fiancé was. It was too late to back out now.

"Eren." A voice called out.

He looked over to his best friend, Armin. The blond coconut of a man wasn't apart of the "muscle squad" as (Y/n) sometimes called them. He did all of the planning, more of a secretary. Armin was quick to adapt to the role, he was one of the top students of his year. Levi didn't want anyone else to have his brains. So here he was.

Some may wonder why they are loyal to this man. Money? The thrill? For Armin, it was because Levi told him he would pay for his grandfathers medical expenses which no minimum wage worker could afford. Mikasa didn't like Levi as he beat Eren into submission, but the truth was, they were distant family. Family was important to her, and Eren who wanted to be able to help his lifelong crush and friend.

They knew that life in the gangs and mafia were short ones. But they believed it would be ok if they stuck together.

"Eren!" The voice yelled. Armin was rather annoyed his friend was daydreaming. "I don't care if you pulled an all-nighter playing games but we have a job to do."

Eren rolled his eyes, "I know. Let's get this over with." He walked forward with Armin, they headed toward the private jet. Armin talked with the pilot while Eren made sure that the jet was secured and free of any harm. He walked in and checked every room, then checked under each seat. After checking all of the cabinets and patting down the staff, making sure no one was carrying any weapons or explosives, he signaled to Gunther to bring in Levi and (Y/n).

He saw them exit the black car, Levi wore more street looking clothes with a black jacket. He tried to look less intense after the request from his fiancé. After waiting for her to walk beside him, Levi linked his hands with hers.

This made Eren angry, and to control himself he looked away. Gunther and Petra approached with them. Levi looked to Armin. "Is the house secure and set up?"

Armin nodded, "Eld is there making sure everything is prepared and safe. He called me to assure me that it's all taken care of."

He nodded and then continued to get into the plane. As they all got into their seats and buckled up, Armin spoke up, "Also, your mother has requested your time. It is almost her birthday and she wishes to throw a party. Then Oluo told me that there is trouble in the lower ranks, so he will be a few days behind as he deals with it."

Levi thought for a moment. "Parents. If she wants a party it will only be family. (L/n)'s family may come as well. But I don't want to talk politics with ally's or family," he took a moment to look at (Y/n), "that is what you would like, correct?"

"To act like a normal family? It would be amazing. I'm sorry for being a bit demanding." She seemed to be rather tamed since the misunderstanding with Levi's sister. They had talked the rest of the night, and meeting more of Levi's family members is something that interested her.

"Tell Oluo that he has until the weekend to take care of it. I won't have any insubordination during these times. Also, contact that insane scientist and tell her to hurry up with whatever she is doing. I need her to make those tranquilizer bullets."

Eren looked toward Gunther, "What is he talking about?"

"He is pissed that he didn't get a lot of information from the people on the boat so he wants fast acting tranquilizers that do some damage for Mrs.(L/n) and any other missions in the future."

Armin and Levi talked about finances for a little while, but after talking was done, Levi and (Y/n) leaned against each other. She fell asleep after reading a few chapters of (book/manga). Levi didn't mind the physical contact, and listened to a podcast he favored. This was proof of how much they have bonded since the cruise.

Eren was both happy for them, but also angry and jealous. Armin and Petra noticed the looks that Eren gave her and Levi. They both knew of their small romance moments in high school, but at the end of the day, she's taken.

"Eren, I think you should ask for a different assignment." Petra suggested. It wasn't a secret that Eren acted mostly on emotions. "It's not going to get easier for you." The honestly truth wasn't fun.

Eren glanced at her for a moment. Petra was an honest person who was always there for her friends, so he knew she wasn't trying to be mean. But he had a mission for himself.

"I just want to protect her. I don't expect anything in return, but being good friends again would be nice," he chuckled. Their relationship has gotten a little better, but he knew that what he did was something that would take time to forgive. He hoped one day he could prove that he was sorry.

She smiled, "I know Eren. No one wants you to get hurt."

"I won't. I promise."

This is a promise that would be broken.