The Rival

I was once again greeted on by one by the exhausted faces of my team as I paced around the room, picking at my nails as I impatiently waited for them to take their seats

I was once again greeted on by one by the exhausted faces of my team as I paced around the room, picking at my nails as I impatiently waited for them to take their seats. I couldn't look at them. I now had to admit to them that I left her alone. That I let this happen to her.

"Spence," JJ pulled me out of my trance. "This isn't your fault. You know that right?"

I turned to face her, swallowing down my anger. This was my fault. I left her alone. I left her. Me. I blinked at her a few times. "Are you dense? I walked away from her to make a call. I could've waited till the morning. But I didn't. I didn't even hear them come in. Why didn't she scream?"

JJ backed away, taking her seat at the round table. She was smart to say nothing. I was losing it, slowly. Well not that slowly.

"Okay my fine furry friends, between the hours of 1:45 and 2 am, y/n went missing. There was blood splatter found on the bed and we are having it sent to the lab to see if its hers or the unsub. But we don't even know who the unsub is?" Garcia was presenting the facts of the case. The case caused because of me.

"Spence, explain what happened." Emily pressed. I was still pacing the floor, trying to get in control of my emotions the best I could.

"Okay. She hadn't slept, and it woke me up. So, I told her she needed to sleep because if she didn't it could be detrimental to her health. I told her I wake her up if anything happened. That I'd keep watch. She agreed and I picked up "Anna Karenina" and read her about two chapters before she was out cold. When I knew she had entered REM sleep, I slithered my way out of her grip, being careful about not waking her and walked into her living room. I left the door open so I could hear her if she needed me."

I shook my head. What's the use of being called a genius, if I can't even be smart enough to not protect the love of my life? I continued to pace, interlocking my fingers behind my back so I didn't pull at my hair. I started feeling a migraine coming on. I hadn't one in 2 years, 6 months, 3 hours and 25 minuets. I sighed and continued.

"I called a friend for intel on Richie Frisco and in between the time I got on the phone, to the time I got off the phone, she was taken. Once I hung up, I walked back to her room. I noticed it was colder than it normally is, but I just guessed it was because of her windows. It's an old building. But when I pushed her door open, I noticed the door to her terrace was open. And she wasn't there."

I rubbed my eyes, the orbs starting to form just out of my line of sight. Fuck. I don't have time for a fucking migraine.

"You didn't hear anything at all?" Tara asked gently. I had to take a solid three hard seconds before I answered her so I didn't snap. That was the last thing I wanted. Plus, lets say they are streaming this into her like they did with me? I don't want her to know I'm losing it. She doesn't need that.

"Nothing. I wasn't even that far from her room. It's a wall away, and trust me, her walls aren't that thick." I internally smiled. It was one of the reasons we almost always had sex at my apartment. Thicker walls.

I saw Luke smile, but it fell away the second his eyes caught mine. I let it slide, we shared the same brain wave most of the time, so I knew what he was thinking. Fucker.

"Spence? Who were you talking too?" Matt asked, again carefully.

"A friend I went to college with. Oisin Reya. He was an exchange student from Ireland. Would've been in the FBI with me if he didn't have to go back to Ireland to take care of his mother." I watched Garcia type away as I spoke, no doubt running a background check on him. "He's part of the Irish Mafia. Worked with Richie a few times. I wanted to know if he could find his whereabouts. He claimed there was an apartment he was last seen at, but it wasn't in his."

Garcia interrupted just then, "because it was in y/ns name. It used her social." She looked around the room. Everyone looked just as confused as I was.

"Yup. I didn't tell Oisin about y/n but he said 'seems like shes his daughter' but also said that it never said if she lived there, just that it was rented using her name and was last seen there. But we all know she doesn't live there." I stated like it wasn't the most obvious fucking thing in the world.

Just then Garcia's laptop dinged, everyone snapped their heads over to her. "So that would be the lab. The blood on the bed is NOT y/ns. Seems like it belongs to a 29 year old named, Jameson Brown. Seems he's from right in our own back yard and is-"

"Rivals to Richie. I've met him." I muttered rubbing my eyes. "as much as I don't want to admit this, she's in more trouble than we originally thought."