The Pregnancy

A/N: Someone in my comments (@Itz_Just_Nic ) made this request on the final chapter of this story. Her idea was a one shot on how Y/N and Reid told the team they were engaged and also how Y/N told Reid she was pregnant. I literally DIED over the idea and wrote both!!!! I hope you all enjoy part two: The Pregnancy. (NO BABY SLANDER ON THIS.)

...

TW: talks of vomit, talks of pregnancy, slight angst cuz, hormones.

Sick was an understatement.

Like a huge understatement.

You spent most of your mornings lately with your head in the toilet, emptying whatever was in your stomach. Which half the time was nothing. You heard Spencer knock lightly on the bathroom door, "why don't I just call Emily and tell her we aren't coming today. You're clearly too sick."

He opened the door and watched as you managed to sit back against the wall. You closed your eyes and tried to breathe through the wave of nausea that started to hit you. Spencer sat across from you, his long body leaning against the bathroom cabinets.

When it passed you shook your head, "nu-uh. I'll be fine, Spence. I think I just ate something bad. Or over exhausted."

Over-exhausted was also an understatement. Case after case had rolled in, forcing you and the team to be gone for a while. Which meant long nights and fast food. So it wasn't a shock you weren't feeling good.

"Fluff, no. We both ate the same thing the entire time we were gone. I don't think its that." The nausea came while he spoke, causing you to surge forward, dry heaving into the bowl. Spencer leaped towards you, holding your hair back. "I think you're pregnant."

...

An hour and three test later, Spencer was confirmed correct. You were pregnant. You stared at the little stick in your hand, blinking a few times before looking up at your husband.

You and Spencer had only been married a year and weren't even trying for kids. But it also wasn't something that wasn't talked about. You'd wanted little Spencers for a while, but also wanted him all to yourself.

But that time was over and the look on his face said it all. Tears were streaming down Spencer's face while he flipped the stick over in his hands, like the answer would change if he did that. But then his eyes met yours and a smile practically split his face in two.

"We're going to have a baby, sweetheart." He sobbed as he pulled you into his chest. You gripped him as you sobbed. This was it. You were about to have a little family with Spencer fucking Reid.

...

The sounds of a crying baby filled the bleak hospital room. You laid your head back while Spencer pushed your hair out of your face. You felt a weight being placed on your chest and looked down to see your son, Jason Aaron Reid, pale and wailing.

"You did so good, sweetheart." Spencer cooed as he kissed your head.

You let out a choked laugh filled with exhaustion. You ran a finger down your babies face before allowing the nurse to clean him off. Spencer followed, making sure all the test were run and he was healthy. He cut the umbilical cord and let the nurses wrap him up.

Spencer hesitantly picked up his son, supporting his head as he was taught when Henry was born. He looked natural doing it, and you couldn't help but smile wildly at him. "Hi peanut. I'm your daddy and I am so happy to finally meet you." He made his way over to you, "this is your mommy. Isnt she so beautiful? She worked so hard keeping you safe in there."

He handed you the baby, sitting on the bed beside you. Spencer ran his fingers through your hair as you stared at the tiny human sleeping in your arms. He looked just like Spencer in every way and you could only hope he was as smart.

"We made that." He whispered as he leaned down to kiss you.

"I'd say we did a damn good job." You muttered.

Spencer laughed, trying his best so to not wake his son, "I can only hope Morgan isn't too mad I didn't name him after him."

"Don't worry. Him and I already talked about it. He didn't think Derek Reid had a nice ring to it."

Spencer took his son back, kissing his little button nose. He turned to face you, kissing your nose the same he did your sons, "I'm so hopelessly in love with you."

"And I you, Spencer Reid."