Promises

TW: hospitals, broken bones, arguing, family drama, threats, and some fluff

Spencers POV:

I hate hospitals. Something about the lights, the constant rushing around by doctors and nurses, not to mention that hospitals are a breeding ground for bacteria and germs. I shivered at the thought as I tried to push it out of my mind. I sat in the waiting room surrounded by my friends as we waited for word on y/n's condition.

She was rushed into surgery to reset broken bones and make sure nothing was punctured and there wasn't any internal bleeding. I wrung my hands together as I tried to push the image of her bruised body from my head. Her lips slightly blue from the cold of the room, her legs purple from where he put his hands on her. Her fingers distorted from the shattered bones. He broke her and now it was my job to put her back together again. And I was up for the challenge.

Calling her mother was one of the worst calls I've ever made. Having to tell a woman I never met that her daughter had been captured and brutalized for four days. She was broken on the other end of the line. Loud sobs filling my ears. I told her what hospital we were at. She told me through harsh tears that she would be there. I braced myself for this confrontation. Not the way I wanted to meet her mother. That's for damn sure.

I bounced my leg, anxiety threatening to swallow me whole. Emily stood, crossing the room and taking the free chair next to me. She placed her hand on my leg, stilling my movements. I looked at her with blank eyes. She shot me a tender smile, one to tell me she wasn't here to pity me.

"I think you should take time off, Spence. With her." She tilted her head to the side, trying to read me. Trying to profile me. "She's going to need you. This isn't going to be easy for her. She got over it fast the first time. But this time? This time is going to be hard."

I nodded. She was right. This time was going to suck. This time she'd be reminded every day of the torture she suffered at the hands of me and her father. The scars will litter her body. And I feared it would break her.

"What if she leaves me again?" I didn't mean to ask that. This wasn't about me. This was about her. But I couldn't stop the words.

Emily shook her head. "She's not going to leave you, Spencer. She loves you so much more than you know. Trust me. That girl is so in love with you, she'd part the sea if it meant you'd be happy."

"You know you can't actually part the sea?" Of course, she knew that. What a stupid thing to say. She laughed.

"There's the Spencer I know and love. But yes, I do know you can't actually part the sea. Promise me you'll take the time? If we need you, we'll call you."

"I promise." Emily smiled at me, satisfied that I'll finally be taking time off. But I had plans. Things me and her were going to do once she was better.

"Y/N Y/L/N?" The doctor pulled me out of my thoughts as the doctor came out. I stood, crossing the short distance to the man in the white coat. He had a small smile on his face, that must be a good sign. I relaxed a little. "Which one of you is Dr. Reid?"