The Caregiver

Some well-deserved fluff mixed with a little angst but then more fluff and light smut

Some well-deserved fluff mixed with a little angst but then more fluff and light smut. Key word being light. Reader is still broken people.

It's been three weeks since your kidnapping. Emily had given you, and Spencer, strict instructions to take it easy. Forcing the two of you to take time off to not only heal, but to just be with each other. "It's been a rough few months" she told the both of you. You couldn't agree more.

It's also been three weeks since you last spoke to your mother or Cash. Christmas had come and gone and while she tried to reach out, you didn't return her calls. You were still pretty pissed off by her actions at the hospital. None of what happened was Spencer's fault, nor was it your fathers. And for her to react the way she did was unacceptable in your book. So you just decided to stay away.

The team, so far, had been by every evening they weren't away on a case. JJ would bring by the kids, who lifted your spirits greatly, and would also bring tins and tins of dinners so neither you, or Spencer, would have to cook for a while. You both thanked her profusely. Morgan and Savannah brought little hank over as well to hang out. Savannah helped you clean your apartment as best as she could.

Spencer, however, was the biggest help out of everyone. He was the one who was dotting on you 24/7. Making sure you took your medication on time and with the correct dose. Making sure you ate at the very least twice a day. Carrying you from place to place. He forced you to take naps with him, which you enjoyed more than you wanted to admit. He even helped you shower.

Showering was the trickiest part out of all of this. Spencer would double wrap all your casts. First it was a grocery bag, then on top of that was a trash bag. It looked ridiculous and made you giggle every time he wrapped you up. He would then pick you up and sit you in the closed toilet to get the shower started. This fucker went so far as to buy and extra long removeable shower head and a shower chair so he could shower you easier. Once the water was hot, Spencer would sit you on the chair and go about bathing you. It was awkward at first, but you got used to it.

"Sitting down to shower is the greatest thing ever. I don't know why I didn't do it sooner." You joked with him as he washed your hair.

He hummed in agreement as he focused on cleaning your hair the way you taught him. His fingers massaging your scalp with practiced ease. You closed your eyes and just felt. Felt something other than searing pain, or fear. Just... calm.

"Hey, don't fall asleep on me now! We can nap after this okay, princess? Put your head back please."

"Yes daddy." You said sleepily as you did as he asked, tilting your head so he could rinse out the shampoo without getting it in your eyes. You looked up at him, watching as he focused on getting out the shampoo. His tongue poking out the sides of his mouth made you giggle. He smiled back as his eyes met yours for a second.

"What?" He asked.

You shrugged at him, "you're just so pretty." It was true. Morgan's nickname for him fit him almost too well.