The Alpha

Avoiding your mother has been easier than it's ever been

Avoiding your mother has been easier than it's ever been. After the incident with Cash, she sent you a text, letting you know you were no longer apart of the family. Your siblings following suit. If you were being honest, you were grateful. You hadn't felt an ounce of guilt for pulling that trigger. But at the same time, the fact that you didn't feel guilty scared the shit out of you.

Charges couldn't be made due to the act of self-defense. It also helped that your father, Richie, owned half of the police department, which meant the incident 'didn't exist.' You were forced to tell Emily, who didn't reprimand you. Instead, she pulled you into a hug.

So here you were, back at the BAU in the round table room being briefed on a new case that had come in. Women were being murdered black dahlia style.

"It's obviously a copy cat. That murder happened in 1947." JJ pointed out.

You were only half listening, your mind racing of the events from the past few weeks. It was all weighing heavily on you and add wedding planning on top of that, and you were toast. You were both mentally, and physically exhausted.

Spencer, who was sitting next to you, clearly seemed to notice your zoned-out expression because he placed his hand on your thigh, squeezing it gently. You turned to look at him, shooting him a halfhearted smile.

He'd felt guilty after the incident. That's what you'd resulted to calling it. He had probably apologized to you seven hundred times in the past two weeks. He kept saying it was all his fault. How you didn't deserve to be disowned because of his life choices. But you'd reassured him that you'd chose him every time.

"Wheels up, in twenty." Emily muttered closing her file. You blinked at few times realizing how much you'd really missed.

Spencer pulled you into him as you both stood, "Tennessee. Three women killed like the dahlia cold case. Copycat. Keeps them for five days. Vanessa Trenton reported missing 24 hours ago. Abducted from a bus stop. Ransom note sent to her family." He whispered to you. You nodded, silently thanking him for catching you up.

He pulled back, his hands coming to your face, "I love you. You know that right?"

You nodded, "of course, Spence."

...

You felt more refreshed after touching down in Tennessee. You'd manage to get some shut eye on the plane, Spencers hands running through your hair as you slept. He was truly your soulmate. You were so grateful for his ability to read you at moments like these.

He took your hand as you stepped off the plane and didn't let go until you were situated in the black gov. issued SUVs. For once, there was enough for two people per car, as well as each agent getting their own hotel rooms. That's what happens when you save the senators daughter from a serial killer.

"What's on your mind, fluff." Spencer suddenly asks as he gets in the drivers seat.

"Nothing, Spence?" You cringed internally at how unconvincing your sounded.