The Engagement

A/N: Someone in my comments (@Itz_Just_Nic ) made this request on the final chapter of this story. Her idea was a one shot on how Y/N and Reid told the team they were engaged and also how Y/N told Reid she was pregnant. I literally DIED over the idea and wrote both!!!! I hope you all enjoy part one: The Engagement. 

...

You woke up the next morning tangled up in your fiancé. The sun beaming through the large windows and landing straight on the beautiful ring that now occupied your third finger. It was then that you realized that the proposal wasn't a dream. You smiled, lifting your hand to admire the heavy ring, running your thumb over it.

"I'd say I did a pretty great job making that. Wouldn't you?" You jumped, not expecting Spencer to be awake yet. He pulled you closer, your back to his chest, while he pressed little butterfly kissed to your temple.

You sat up from his grasp, resting your body against the headboard. You ran your fingers through Spencer's hair, careful not to pull on his tangles. "How much blood do these gems have on them?" You joked. Sort of.

Spencer's eyes grew wide and his tongue poked out to lick his plump, pink lips. "I didn't have to kill anyone to get them if that's what you mean. But I did steal them from a heist we did a few months back." He was hesitant as he told you the truth.

But truth was, you didn't really care. You'd accepted the fact that Spencer was a part of the mafia and had done things you knew he'd never talk about. At the end of the day, Spencer did what he had to do and he made sure to always keep you informed. Needless to say, he learned his lesson.

"Spence, I was messing with you. But it's nice to know no one was killed in the process." You let out a small giggle before kissing him gently.

It was quiet for a few minutes, Spencer wrapped around you while you continued to card your fingers in his hair. But then a small, funny thought came to mind and you let out a loud, belly laugh. The feeling of your shaking chest caused Spencer to peer up at you, a smile playing on his lips.

"How the fuck are we going to tell the team?" You bit your lip as you tried to hold back your giggles, "we know Penelope is going to be pissed if we don't tell her soon."

Spencer pondered for a minute or two. Then, a sly smirk crept up his face, "what if we took a picture of us on this next Safari, your ring just out there and send it off. We can play dumb and when someone points it out, we admit it." He giggled, "want to place bets to see who'll say something first?"

"You're so on!" You pointed a finger at him before hopping out of bed to get ready for the say ahead.

...

You had your money on Emily, while Spencer had his on Luke. $20 was to be won. It may sound silly due to the fact that you guys lived together, but mainly had to do with your undying need to win.

Spencer dressed you in a large sun hat, a pretty pink tank top body suit, and a pair of jean shorts. He forced you to put on a pair of slip on converse, even though you really wanted a pair of sandals.

"They aren't good for running if the need comes." He murmured when you stomped your foot in defiance at him. So here you were, dressed in the outfit he chose, wearing the shoes he wanted. And you'd never tell him this, but you thought the shoes actually looked better than the sandals would've.

After a nice breakfast together, you hopped in the car to go in search of the animals found in Africa. The elephants were Spencer's favorite. You loved how his eyes lit up every single time the driver found them. He'd whisper rambled fact after fact about the animal in your ear, and you listened with rapt attention.