When It Falls Apart

Warnings: eavesdropping, angst, yelling, jealousy, arguing, talks of restrictive eating (unintentional), lack of sleep

"He did not say that to y/n?" Garcia's stunned voice ringing out from the other line. Emily called her once we got back to the police station. You could hear her typing away as she got the name of Viper – Paul Thomas – and informed us of his mullet.

"Newbie & Matt, I have a question." She suddenly said.

"Fire." They said in unison.

"Does this guys stuff actually work on real breathing girls?" She asked.

"Why are you asking us? That's a question better suited for Reid." Luke teased, hitting Reid in the arm and laughing.

If you only knew what Reid could do.

"We all know boy genius doesn't need that to pick up woman. He won y/n over did her?" Everyone got quiet. "I abhor the whole chicks dig jerks thing." She hurried muttered trying to clear the air.

"You're the exception, Garcia" Spencer said with a smile.

Fucker

With that it was time to deliver the profile.

...

You were hardly paying attention as they rattled off about how the unsub used these classes to learn body language.

"One classic routine the Viper promotes is called the 'push-pull' method." Reid started, walking forward. "He'll insert himself between two women, and immediately after complimenting one, he'll deliver a subtle insult, then pay attention to the other."

He looked over at you, leaning closer into you and noticing the hoop earrings you were wearing. Ones he bought you. "Those are really nice earrings. I like those." You stomach did flips as he straightened up. You brought your hand to them and tried so hard to swallow the blush getting ready to swallow your face. "My grandmother wears a lot of fake jewelry also." Before eliciting a laugh from the department and from the department and your coworkers. Including Emily.

You rolled your eyes, shooting him a deadly look. "Ignoring the one woman puts her in direct competition with her friend and causes the other to pursue you more aggressively." He explained before turning back to you and saying, "I was just demonstrating. So I'm sorry."

You muttered a 'mmm' and rolled your eyes once more.

The police chief told her officers how eyes and ears were needed at every club the Viper frequents and with that they were dismissed with orders to circulate the sketches.

"I think I might stay home and man the tip line. Clubs aren't really my thing." Spencer told Emily. He was right, but they needed him, they had enough people manning tip lines. And his profile skills were needed. And Morgan and Luke needed wingmen. According to them.